Monday 29 August 2022

Lucy Progress.

As you know, my progress on anything quilt and sewing related has been slowed considerably by the second and more intensive stage of my studies for work. Also plenty of extra shifts at work as my colleagues succumb to the virus that has so far left me alone. Those of us covering their absences are becoming tired and over worked. I did three extra shifts last week and have more rostered this week. 
I was very happy, when on my one day off over the weekend, I discovered an invite from Chooky to zoom with her Chookshed Stitchers.
I had been very busy with domestics that had been neglected due to study and work so was more than happy to sit and sew for a while. 
Poor Chooky has had the virus and is still coughing, so she muted her microphone and listened to the rest of us chattering as we all sewed. I didn't stay for the whole session as I still had more domestic duties to complete, but in the time I was there I made up some more of the edge blocks for Lucy Boston in Blue. Time I think to add a few more to the edge of the quilt, so that I have a better idea of how many more I might need.
Sunday I was off to work in the afternoon for one of those extra shifts, but not before I printed and cut out some of the new shapes I'll be needing for the edge treatments on Lucy.
These are just two of the four shapes required to complete the edges. 
This morning I completed the biggest of the papers that are required for my stage two studies. I have gathered and submitted a bunch of evidence with it. Fingers crossed I get an achieved score and can put that one behind me. I had a look at the next paper and got myself all set up to begin work on that very soon. Not today though.
I may or may not make some progress of some sort with Lucy before work this afternoon or I may just make a cuppa and relax for a while.
Thanks for the invite Chooky and the discussions ladies. Always a great time and progress made when I spend time with you. 

14 comments:

Karen S said...

It looks like it has been a very busy time for you. And is staying that way. I am pleased you managed to join in and get some of your project done.

Jennifer said...

I couldn't make Saturday, I was out....Lucy is growing into a beautiful child!

kiwikid said...

Sounds like you might need relaxation time Lou, your work will be tiring you out. Your are making great progress with Lucy.

Lin said...

Nice to get some of those edges out of the way and your new pieces look intriguing. Good luck with the paper. xx

Tazzie said...

Lucy Boston is looking wonderful! It's a project on my bucket list, I have no clue when I'll get to it though!
Hope you have a great week hon
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Jeanette said...

Love the little pile of Lucy pieces, they looks so pretty. It was good to chat with you on Saturday. Good luck with papers & that you get an achieved score.

Janice said...

So good that you were able to take time out with Lucy and the girls. It sounds like you needed it.

Christine B said...

Love your Lucy Boston quilt and glad you got some time to work on it. Good luck with your studies! Christine xx

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Dumb domestic duties (ha ha) Glad you got some time to stitch and talk with uplifting people!!! Hope your studies go well, and everyone gets better!!!

Fiona said...

Lots to try and fit in.. they keep saying the virus is calming down but it seems that it isn't really.... so many absences
Hugz

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wow, Louee you are so productive! My daughter is in the same boat of having to take extra shifts all the time and so far has managed to keep up. And you are studying too! Lucy Boston is amazing and you are moving right along.

Annelein said...

You're a busy lady. Glad you found time for quilting. Love Lucy Boston.

Chookyblue...... said...

Wow you did great on the chat.... Lots of progress on Lucy......I really needed to be muted and still do.....
Goodluck with the studies and extra shifts......

Diane-crewe said...

Sometimes it is hard to find time for yourself … so when the opportunity comes along it is great when it works out x Remember to take that time as often as you can x