Monday 8 August 2022

Quilted and Bound.

I didn't do a huge amount of anything over the weekend. Chooky called a meeting of the Chookshed Stitchers on Zoom, which I attended late as I had been out very late the night before, (celebrating not only my own birthday, but three others also. It was a big night). I didn't do any sewing, just chatted with everyone until it was time for work. Then when I got home, another session was in progress, so I joined in to chat again.
On Friday I had made time to pop in to town to look for a binding fabric for Edyta's Garden and found a lovely red check that seemed to be just right. I cut my strips and joined them on Sunday morning before Tony took me out for lunch. Once home, I set about closing it.
It was very frustrating to get about eighty percent of it done before I had to head off to work again. I was itching to get home and finish it, which I did, just in time for bed.
A very quick photo shoot before curling up under my blankets.
It's not beautiful, but it will keep some one warm. 
There has been lots of very cold, sleety rain yesterday and today, so I didn't think I would get an outdoor photo shoot done, but there was a brief window of sunshine and I ran out quickly.
First stop, my old rocking chair as I knew it would be dry, tucked in to it's corner.
Then I ventured up on to the front lawn where I was surprised to find that old man tree felt quite dry.
I quickly popped the quilt on to one of his branches and snapped some more pictures.
As you can see the clouds were gathering ready for the next wintery assault, so I quickly ran back in doors. Today is really not a good day for getting artistic out of doors. LOL  There is no more rain yet, but it is very overcast and I'm sure it will come.
After getting a quick picture of the binding, sorry I forgot to snap one before I cut it in to strips and sewed it on, I made myself a cuppa and sat down to write.
Now I'll need to have a look through my box and decide what to quilt next. I think they are mostly smaller pieces, and of course the Fairies, (Scroll down) but I'm still waiting for the light bulb moment on them. 



 

14 comments:

Lynda said...

Happy Birthday! My daughter-in-law also has her birthday on 5 August. Sounds like you had a lovely time out with your friends. Love that big gingham you have used to bind your quilt.

Jennifer said...

Great choice for the binding!

Lin said...

That check fabric makes a great binding - lovely finish and nice pictures. Wouldn't mind a bit of that rain myself lol. xx

Janice said...

So good to get it finished. There has been so much work in the hexies. I hope the recipient will appreciate it.

jude's page said...

Always love a check or stripe for binding. Going well with your photography, after seeing yours and Chookys pics, I'll have to life my game, but not sure how.

Annelein said...

Congratulations! And what a sweet quilt you made.

Fiona said...

Great finish.... fun having interesting binding... you are getting through the quilts...
Hugz

Jenny said...

What a pretty quilt, did you say you you'll be giving this one away after all that hexie work?

Chookyblue...... said...

yeh another beautiful quilt finished........loving all the quilt pics you take now.........

Chookyblue...... said...

and belated birthday wishes once again just to keep the birthday going.......

Diane-crewe said...

Happy birthday x I think your quilt IS beautiful x

Barwitzki said...

Above all, all the best for your birthday :-)) It's great that you were able to celebrate wonderfully.
The red check is the perfect cover material. Well done.
Your photo shoot is great, I like the picture of the tree branches...
p.s. like rain to us, it's very dry here.
Hug

cityquilter grace said...

i would think more than one someone would love it...lots of work and pretty too...

Marika said...

Best happy Birthday wishes. always a piece of fabric and thread under the needle. this is a beautiful quilt, the colors, the fabrics are just made for me :) oh, that is a beautiful picture with the quilt in the tree. there's a storm coming, here in Brittany it's 39 degrees, it's so hot it's unbearable even by the sea. but it's cool here in the castle.
Kreative regards Marika