Tuesday 13 September 2022

Cat Proofing....

Yesterday I decided I was going to have a couple more days off from studies. I have two observational assessments all ready and waiting to be completed, but the people who need to do them for me have no time at the moment.. So I'll rest rather than forging on with the next unit.
Out came my Churn Dash blocks. I played shuffle on the floor and went off to find the setting triangles.
I came back to this.....
Apparently the mouse did it!
It was as I was laying the setting triangles in to place I remembered that I had to be at work early yesterday and even if I didn't, there was no way I was going to get this into one piece before heading off to work. What to do?
Clearly I couldn't leave it on the sitting room floor, goodness knows what Belle would have done to it and Tony would be home later too.
Inspiration struck and I pulled a flat sheet out of the cupboard, used a load of pegs to secure it to my quilt hanger in the hall way and ....
Tada!
A design wall was born.
I spent ages transferring everything on to it, pinning everything in place.
But the bottom of it was resting on the floor, and Miss Belle thought that it was a great game to scamper over it and behind it.
More pegs to the rescue
Oh and one more pin to hold the middle up. LOL
Much easier than having to collect everything up then lay it out again when I'm ready to play.
Which I plan to do again today.
*
My supervisor at work last night.
He was very affectionate and demanded lots of attention. He kept walking over the keyboard as I was trying to type my notes. Isn't he a handsome boy?
*
Well that is all of my news, I'm off to get on with my day, the sooner I do my chores, the sooner I can play.
Happy Tuesday everyone. 

13 comments:

Sharon Kwilter said...

You're gonna love having a design wall. Your blocks are wonderful.

Jeanette said...

Stunning quilt Lou. I have that sort of fun & games to look forward to when i lay my blocks out. :). Good idea about hanging your blocks up that way. Oh he is a handsome boy.

Jennifer said...

He is indeed a handsome boy, Lou! I have used a sheet as a 'design floor' with the blocks pinned to the sheet, so a marauding kitty couldn't disturb my layout.

Lin said...

I love your churn dashes with the green triangles! xx

Chookyblue...... said...

The blocks are looking great laid out......

ButterZ said...

Well done with the change of your display wall. You may have to use it more often. Your churn dash is looking good.

Christine B said...

Animals always seem to want to sit on anything laid on the floor, I wonder why? The quilt top is looking lovely. Christine xx

Lynda said...

Your quilt is going to be beautiful, as long as you can keep it away from your cheeky cats. I love your inventive design wall.

Janice said...

You’ll have your top finished in no time. Maybe Belle (or her mouse) wasn’t happy with your arrangement? Your design wall is a great solution.

Rose Marie said...

Great idea for your design wall and those blocks are lovely!

kiwikid said...

Great idea to have the design wall to save your blocks from that pesky mouse!!
Ah Miss Belle!! Your supervisor is indeed a very handsome boy!

Karen S said...

You sure did have to get creative to protect all your work. Great result.

jude's page said...

Great idea for design wall, i wish i had room for one