Saturday 24 September 2022

Churn Dash Flimsy Finish.

I've been busy with my studies again and happy to say I've made some great progress. So I awarded myself some time off to play.
I've been sewing a little here and there since I last showed my Churn Dash blocks, all pinned to my cat proof design wall. So when I started yesterday I had only the top right half to sew together.
Which really did not take very long. So I had time to add borders before Tony came home from work.
I'm very happy with the result. Now to decide how to quilt it and what thread to use. I'm leaning toward in the ditch, but that could change. LOL
As you can see, It's been inspected.
This is why I need a cat proof design wall.
*
Chooky, thank you for the inspirational suggestion, it was fun to sew along and see what everyone else has been doing with their Churn Dash blocks. 
*
I'm not sure what I'll be playing with next, I really need to use up some scraps so maybe another scrappy quilt. 

 

18 comments:

Jeanette said...

Your flimsy is gorgeous Lou. Love it. Did it pass inspection. :)

Jennifer said...

Well done!

Chookyblue...... said...

oh Lou it's looking great.....you are doing so well........

Nancy said...

Beautiful! I love what happens with the cornerstones in the sashing. It makes the quilt all the more interesting. Will you hand or machine quilt it?

Jenny said...

Blue and yellow is always a great combination.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

So very pretty!!!

Lin said...

I love your churn dash top, gorgeous. xx

Raewyn said...

I love it, great colour combinations! Well done on such good progress and getting lots of study done too. I'll be interested to see what you do with the quilting.

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice classic Churn Dash, I always enjoy seeing a blue and yellow quilt. Love the photo of your inquisitive kitty, don't they get into everything in the sewing area. I eventually had a sheet of polystyrene cut, fixed batting over it as the fabric stick so well, the John fastened it to the wall for me, works a treat if you have the room for it.

Christine B said...

Your churn dash flimsy is looking fabulous Lou. Looking forward to seeing how you decide to quilt it. Christine xx

Rose Marie said...

Your top is lovely and it is done before the end of the challenge. Bravo!

Karen's Korner said...

A lovely flimsy. I also wrestled with how to quilt the blocks.

Janice said...

Looking good! I think the quilt inspector must approve.

jude's page said...

Love your quilt, great colours, and the border frames it so well. Look forward to seeing how you quilt it

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Thanks so much for showing those lovely quilts including your Wish Me Well. They are all special. It must be nice to be in a guild, certainly inspiring.
I love how you've worked out the colours in your Churn Dash...blue and green sometimes don't play well but you've made these look perfect together. I like a strong border too. Happy Stitching from me!

cityquilter grace said...

yep very nice lou...and cat approved as well!

Tazzie said...

OMG Lou hon, I love your quilt top, it's magnificent!The sashing strips complement the blocks so well, and the border is the perfect finish. Bravo!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Lynda said...

Your quilt top looks fantastic!!