Thursday 8 September 2022

I found time to play.

Tuesday and Wednesday were play days. As a part of my latest study unit I have to get written feedback from two colleagues. Then add my own thoughts to theirs before submitting the whole lot to an observer. Long story short, one colleague is slowing things down a bit.
So On Tuesday I had play time and put together the first four of this months Churn dash blocks.
On Wednesday, I made four more.
Then I cut the setting triangles.
And I couldn't resist a photo of all of my completed blocks.
I'm hoping to have a day soon when I can spread them all out on the floor, play the switcher game and begin to put them all together.
*
I other news, spring is in the air and the garden is coming to life, so I'll have to find time to do some outdoor work. 
I have marked myself as not available to work over the weekend, so hopefully I won't be getting any phone calls. I did however agree to work another extra shift next week. 
Time now to go grocery shopping and get on with my day. 
I hope you are finding plenty of time to do the things you enjoy.  

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looking good there, Lou!

Fiona said...

I do love the colours you have used for your churn dashes....
Hugz

Janet O. said...

Glad you got some play time. Love those crisp blue blocks and yellow sashing!

Christine B said...

Glad you have had a break from study and time to play. Your blocks are looking great! Christine xx

Chookyblue...... said...

they look great Lou........what size did you decide on??? how many blocks?
So pleased you got a break and some time to play.........

Radka said...

Good for you, must always have time to play!

Jenny said...

Time to play sounds good. Spring is certainly in the air, our kowhai tree is bursting into flower!

Lin said...

These are lovely - looking forward to seeing them in their proper layout. xx

Janice said...

Looking good. Good on you for keep a weekend for home time and no work. Hopefully some Zoom time.

cityquilter grace said...

Will make a lovely quilt..

jude's page said...

Yes, spring is here and i need gardening time too, your churn blocks look great