Monday 16 January 2023

Noro Virus is not fun...

It's been a very slow week as far as crafting goes. I did another of those seven shifts without a break at work. Well I tried, on the seventh shift I crashed about two hours in and came home. Noro Virus has struck. For those who don't know what that is, think of the worst tummy bug you ever caught or maybe a bout of food poisoning, and have it last for 5-8 days. It's not fun. Talking to my boss this morning there are several staff members out with it and a few of the residents are ill too. 
That said I think I am on day five and I think, over the worst of it now, though when I try to move about and do stuff the tummy pain comes back. I might just sit still a while longer. I tried to work on my St Nick cross stitch but didn't get far as I couldn't concentrate, maybe today?
Before all of that struck I was able to get Lucy on to the frame and with Tony's help I've selected a pantograph, now I just need to get that all set up and wind lots of bobbins. 
Winding bobbins may be a job I can achieve but I think I'll wait a day or two before trying to quilt. 
*
In other news, I got an extra payment from work. Back pay of the pay rise I achieved by completing my course, all of the public holidays over Christmas boosted it to almost $400. Very nice too, I popped it right in to the Scrub Stitchin' savings account.
*
The garden is doing well, I've harvested cucumbers, tomatoes, chilli peppers and no end of greens. The peas are finished but the beans are just getting going. Tony's dad brought me 7 Kgs of shallots and assorted baby onions to be pickled. They are all done and he is a very happy man. I wonder if he will leave them alone for a whole month, or give himself belly ache again! We didn't pull our onions yet, but I suspect we will have a few babies to be pickled too. 
*
I've been flicking through books, magazines and Pinterest looking for a project to make as my Scrub Stitchin'  Make it, bake it or fake it gift, but that is as far as I have gotten as I lack the concentration to do any more than that. 
*
Well that was my week. I hope yours was better.

 

15 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

congrats on the certificate...and so sorry to hear you have been under the weather....ohhh lucy looks so lovely all spread out....be well and quilt on!

Jennifer said...

Oh no, Lou....sorry to hear you are crook! Hope you get better soon.

Janice said...

Oh no! That is not what you wanted. I'm glad you are now on the mend. Lucy looks all nice and tidy ready to quilt. I can't wait to see her finished. It is certainly the busy time in the vege garden. Have fun keeping on top of it. I still have to work out what to make for Make it, Bake it or Fake it.....and I will be away for a month in the lead up. I'd better put my thinking cap on too. Take it nice and easy until you are better.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh so sorry to read that you're down with the dreaded Noro Virus! Hope you're soon recovered. Garden harvest sounds delicious, nothing like fresh home grown food.

ButterZ said...

Get better soon. Hope your concentration levels are back quickly. Always like a bonus.

Lin said...

Sorry to hear you have picked up that nasty bug, not a nice one at all. Hope you feel better soon. xx

jude's page said...

Hope you are on the mend soon, your quilt looks fantastic on the frame

Christine B said...

Hope you are feeling better very soon! Christine xx

Rose Marie said...

Yep, had that virus and it isn't pleasant. Get well soon!

Jenny said...

Oh dear, that sounds nasty, guess there is nothing much to do but wait if out. Do hope you are all clear very soon, and get your life back again.

Fiona said...

That bug sounds ghastly, glad you are improving.... Lucy is all ready for her spa treatment...
Hugz

Susan said...

How awful....reminds me of the long-lasting tummy bug after my first trip to Singapore...yuk!
Hope you are recovering as speedily as possible now.

mmm ...better think about the SS gift...

Maria said...

Do hope you’re feeling better now and able to quilt Lucy.

kiwikid said...

Sorry to hear you were not well, life still seems busy for you.

Raewyn said...

I'm sorry to see that you were laid low for such a long time Lou...I hope by now you are feeling back to normal. Great to see Lucy on the quilting frame! Lovely to have a few more $$ to pop into the SS account!