Wednesday 18 January 2023

Slow Progress and thank you.

First the thank you.
Thank you to everyone who send get well wishes, they worked and I'm feeling much better. Today my tummy grumbled at me because it is hungry not poorly. Taking things slowly though, no fancy feasts or banquets and no bread in the house for toast, so I had dry crackers for breakfast. LOL
The bread machine is working away as I type.
Thank you also for the congratulations on completing my course.  It feels very good to get that out of the way. Many of you have urged me on when I have mentioned it here and your support was appreciated. Finally I can have some of that missing me time back.
And speaking of me time, yesterday I felt well enough to stitch again and made a little progress on St Nick. This first image is where I left him on New Years Day.
And this is where I stopped yesterday.
That does not look like much progress for over two weeks of cross stitching, but between work, the garden and a certain tummy bug.....
Not bad going.
The bottom of my work is now disappearing around the roller bar so this morning I decided to unroll it and see how things look. 
There is still a long way to go. But at least I have a friendly face for some company now.
This cute wee ted is peeking out of the top of St Nicks sack of gifts.
*
That is my news, now I'm off to catch up on some of the neglected housework before I sit n sew for the rest of the day. 

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good to hear you are feeling a little, Lou.

kiwikid said...

Good to hear you are feeling better. You have made great progress with the cross stitch.

Lin said...

Pleased to hear that you are feeling better. xx

Raewyn said...

I hope you don't have to go back to work too soon and are able to recuperate fully. Your cross stitch is growing beautifully.

Jenny said...

Tummy bugs are nasty things and this one certainly hit you badly. I hope it isnt running rife though your workplace? Take care.

Maria said...

So good you’re feeling better and enjoying some stitching.

Janice said...

I’m so pleased you are feeling better. It’s nice to see St Nick progressing. Hopefully he will be on show for next Christmas.

Susan said...

Glad to hear you are almost back to normal...I do love the "wee" teddy.

cityquilter grace said...

lovely stitchery lou

Karen S said...

I think St Nick is looking great. It all takes time!