Sunday 8 January 2023

Slow progress...

The garden and work are getting in the way of my creative time. But I have still managed to make some slow progress.  I've finally finished quilting the Frivol UFO.
Not sure if the design is leaves or hearts, or maybe heart shaped leaves. LOL
The binding is not on yet, but it is all prepared and ready to go.
*
My farmyard churndash quilt top is all put together and I need to decide how to quilt it. (This was taken a few days ago, before the decorations came down).
Once it was completed my 15 mins a day in the sewing room has been taken up with cutting and kitting up a project to take along to Scrub Stitchin' in April. 
Work in the garden has been getting in the way a lot and now Tony's dad has gotten in on the act. He dropped of a bucket full of pickling onions this morning.
So that will be tomorrows distraction from what I would prefer to be doing.
All of that has meant very little progress on St Nick.
Maybe before I go to work today I'll get to sit with him for an hour. 
*
That's all I have managed to achieve this week.
I hope your week is going better.

11 comments:

ButterZ said...

Good to see you having fun with your quilting. Wow. I can’t believe you have already prepared your scrub Stitchin project. Any hint on what you are doing.

Susan said...

OMGosh - "cutting and kitting up a project to take along to Scrub Stitchin' in April" already???

I haven't thought about that yet.

darn housework, gardening, cooking - it should all be banned!

Jeanette said...

I have that frivol. Need to make it up though. :) Yours looks lovely. The churn dash quilt is very cute.

Jennifer said...

That's not a bad 'achieve', Lou, considering work time gets in the way of creative time!

Karen S said...

I think you have done well with your time getting one quilted and the other top finished.
And you do have to make the most of the sun and the garden when you can.

jude's page said...

I completely understand how 'other' things take you away from doing what you want! Your quilting is going well and i am sure the pickled onions will taste great.

Lin said...

Lovely quilting and your Churn Dash looks great! Thats the trouble with gardens - they are demanding but there is NOTHING like a home pickled onion! Well worth the trouble. xx

Christine B said...

Looks like you have achieved a lot Loulee! Hugs Christine xx

Maria said...

Heart shaped leaves sound good and look great.
Churn Dash is a cute quilt.
I’m sure you had fun with the onions
You’re sure organised for SS.
Hope you get to play with St Nick,

Fiona said...

All these distractions on playtime.... I love your farm churn dash quilt and great quilting.. it's perfect for that happy one...
Hugz

Janice said...

Every bit of progress is good progress. You are getting nice and organised with prepping for Scrub Stitchin’. I still have to decide what to work on.