Thursday 16 November 2023

Dinosaurs in trees!


That nice day finally arrived and I was able to get outside with the Dino quilt and get some photos.
First I tried old man tree. He now has leaves and flowers and is looking so pretty.
They cast beautiful shadows on to the quilt.
Next I wandered down the path and tried the cherry tree. 
It was lovely out there on a warm morning so I kept going and took some images of the gardens for you, but first a quick peep at the pantograph I used.
Dinosaur footprints by Urban Elementz.
Perfect!
Now back to the garden. 
The iris are looking splendid and I have to say I think this is the best I have ever seen them.
At the bottom of the path some lillies are starting to flower.
They too look to be setting up for a great show this year.
As are the neighbour's roses. Don't they look beautiful clambering over the fence?
Right under the window of my quilting room I can see some huge peonies.
This photo really doesn't show how big they are. 
Around the corner on the other side of the house is an area that gets very little sunshine and we have struggled with it, not really knowing what to do. Well over winter I finally settled on a fern garden. 
I'm just getting started to only two ferns and two small hostas at the moment, along with the lovely pieces of driftwood that my son Joe found for me.  I'm hoping to put a tree fern in there too, to give things a little height.
And finally while we are outside a picture of the flowers on old man tree.
They are beautiful, or rather they were, we had more wind and rain!
*
As  reward for sticking around while I show off my garden, here is another quilt.
I bought a Disney panel of an online seller and had to go shopping for suitable fabrics. That was the day out Debbie and I had recently.
A couple of days ago I made a start and today I have just put the binding on, I plan to close it before work this afternoon. 
Here is a closer look at the quilting design.
It's called Trumpet Vine, by Kerryn Emmerson.
While I quilted my companion/inspector was sat under the frame looking out of the window.
No Janice, the wedding cake tree did not lose all of its flowers in the thunder storm.
Let me see what else has been going on?
Plan A for my Christmas ornaments didn't work out, so plan B it is. They will be mailed to family and friends very soon.
I finally put a back on Dippy the Dinosaur for Torstein.
You've seen him before, but no harm in looking again.
Now to find something smallish and quick for his sister.
I've also been working away at the black cat cross stitch, more on that another day.
*
Time to go find lunch, then I'm going to sit and close binding. 

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

You have been busy, Lou! Your garden is lovely.

Lin said...

Your spring garden is looking lovely and nice to have trees to drape your quilts over. xx

Jo said...

Great job finishing the quilt. Hope the binding is now done

Fiona said...

The garden is looking pretty and I do love the dino quilt...
Hugz

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a treat for us to see flowers as ours are all gone till next May. So pretty. That's a wonderful quilt you finished up...it will be loved for sure.

Susan said...

Lovely walk around your garden.

Christine B said...

You've been very busy and have made some beautiful things. Your garden looks fabulous! Hugs Christine xx

kiwikid said...

Wonderful garden Lou, great quilt and Dippy is very cute!