Thursday 23 November 2023

Ready, set, sew.

When I was in Baradine for scrub stitchin' in April this year I bought one of Jude's Ready Set Sew kits. I 've picked away at the precut triangles and squares over a few months and this last week I've gotten stuck in and finished sewing them all.
Hmm, it would seem that blogger prefers my photos to be sideways again!
So the other day I got down on the floor and played shuffle.
Before sewing the blocks into rows.
Then yesterday I sewed all the rows together.
Today I added borders. 
That looks rather nice, I might just leave it there.
It really did not take long to put together, having the fabrics precut certainly helped a lot. Thanks to Jude and her Fairy. 
Now to find some batting for it, but no rush, I've already started cutting for the next project. LOL
I have a cross stitch finish to share, but I'll save that for another day.
There have been more extra shifts at work and some more to come. My colleague is out of hospital and will hopefully be back at work soon. Another is leaving and I'm to train her replacement.
Right, I'm off to sew for the remainder of my one day off this week. 

15 comments:

Janice said...

I love the way it has turned out. Such an effective pattern and the border finishes it off nicely. I wonder what you are working on next?

Lin said...

That is a very pretty flimsy, a decent size too. xx

Christine B said...

It looks really lovely and a great size too. Hugs Christine xx

Jennifer said...

That is a fun project!

Jo said...

Great quilt top. It makes the process so much faster when Judy has them all cut for us.

Susan said...

very effective pattern...though I did like the aqua as the border! LOL

Hope you get your colleague back soon and the newbie works out!

Jeanette said...

It's a pretty quilt.

Fiona said...

The quilt top turned out really lovely.... scrappy but organised and great with the final border....
Hugz

Karen S said...

Your quilt top is looking great. Smart idea to have it pre-cut!

cityquilter grace said...

a really pretty quilt and love the panel quilt as well!

jude's page said...

Looks fantastic Lou, good to see it made up. Just catching up on blog reading, am so far behind.

kiwikid said...

Great quilt top Lou, I like Judes quilt boxes. I have one awaiting attention here.

Barwitzki said...

A wonderful project... good luck in your job too.
Snowflake greetings to you from Viola

Ondrea said...

Another lovely finish. Look after yourself.

Chookyblue...... said...

oh that looks great.........
hope all is ok since i see you have not posted for a month..........