Thursday 28 December 2023

It's been a while....

 What can I say?

Life got in the way.

I've been working, a lot. My colleague was taken ill again with a badly swollen leg. I'm sure it is all down to that awful new virus. She has had nothing but problems since she had it.

I have been busy in the garden and the kitchen. Preserving season has started, I already made two batches of  cucumber relish! And I made an obscene amount of fruit mince pies, half of which are gone already. There were also savoury pies, cakes and slices.

I promised a picture of a cross stitch project, then gifted it without taking the photo. My other cross stitch finishes were all the same and one is yet to be delivered, so no pic of that yet either.

Oh dear, what's a blogger to do?

I did take some pictures at work. Have you heard of the elf on the shelf?  We have two at work, myself and some colleagues had some fun and the residents had some laughs.


















The toy spiders were over the elves antics and  kept them out of mischief for one night.

That's the tea, coffee and sugar canisters all wrapped up!


I was ill on Christmas day so the children visited for only a short time. I asked Grandad to take photos please. So he took video. Sigh, never mind.
Yes, I'm all better now. 

I do hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and wish you all a very happy and stitchy new year. 

Hopefully I'll be back soon with some sewing content. LOL




11 comments:

dq said...

It sounds like you have a fun bunch at work.
Elf on the Shelf was certainly up to mischief.

Alison said...

So lovely to see you back…..glad you are feeling better. We can all do a big sigh now that “that” day is over once again.

Sharm said...

Hi Loulee, You sure had fun at work with the elves lol ..... nice to catch up on zoom yesterday - seems a few of us may have gotten our blog mojo back

Lin said...

Sorry to hear you were ill Christmas day - such a shame. I spent the day in hospital visiting Philip so not much fun for me either.
Looks like you had lots of fun with your elves though, hope your colleague gets better soon. xx

Jennifer said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been well, Lou.....good that you are better again! Oh, those naughty elves.....they will have to go back to where they came from for several months now. LOL

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG you sure had some fun with that elf............

Jenny said...

Oh dear, so sorry to read that you were I'll on Christmas day. Those cheeky elves were sure havi g fun at work. Not too sure about the spiders though.

Janice said...

Don’t beat yourself up. As you said, life happens. Despite everything, it sounds like you had everything ready for a wonderful Christmas, even though you didn’t get to participate all that much. Those elves were keeping everyone on their toes. They must have been such good fun.

Ali Honey said...

Hi Lou,
Something has changed ...I am now able to view your blog again. Good.
What active little elves those are.
Happy New Year to you both. I hope 2024 is a peaceful one.

Raewyn said...

Those elves surely did create a bit of mischief, didn't they?! Loads of fun. It's a shame you weren't able to enjoy Christmas Day but good that you didn't take too long to recover. Here's to next Christmas!

jude's page said...

You did have some fun with the elf on the shelf!!!