Sunday 31 December 2023

Christmas Ornaments.

As I'm sure you remember I make and swap Christmas ornaments with friends and family each year. This year time got away from me and I couldn't complete them all.  So I owe some folks two ornaments in 2024. More on that in another post. Lets have a look at what I did achieve and receive. 
This handsome blue chap was sent to Janice. He arrived late thanks to the postal system.
I'm happy to say that Janice loves him.
This beautiful blackwork tree was stitched by Janice and sent to me.
Very nice too. Thank you my friend. I love it.
Another ornament I received this year is this lovely knitted wreath from Debbie.
The Suffolk puff lollypop above it was a previous gift from Debbie.
Here is a look at my own gnome. I didn't get chance to add his final ribbon bling, maybe later today, but at least he made it on to the tree. 
And speaking of the tree.
A tree full of hand made ornaments.
*
Lots of bloggers do an annual round up, but that's never been my way.
So I'll just slip quietly in to 2024 by wishing you all the very best for the new year.
I hope you have a happy and healthy 12 months ahead and for those of you taking part in some of the many sewing challenges, have fun.

11 comments:

Jeanette said...

beautiful ornaments. The gnome is very cute.

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely ornaments Lou! Missed a few of your posts, lots gong on here and blogging slipped for a couple of weeks. Thank you for New Year good wishes and I hope you and Tony and family also enjoy a Happy and Healthy 2024.

kiwikid said...

Love the gnome ornaments and your special tree, Happy New Year to you and yours Lou, here's to a happy and healthy 2024.

Jennifer said...

A lovely tree of handmade memories....best wishes to you and your family, Lou, for a happy and healthy 2024!

Tazzie said...

Beautiful ornaments, isn’t this such a lovely time of year?
I hope you have a lovely time ringing in the new year.
Hugs, Tazzie xx

Lin said...

Happy New Year! xx

Janice said...

I love my ornie. Our swap is such fun each year. There seems to be quite a selection of Loulee ornies on my handmade ornie tree. Wishing you both a Happy New Year

cityquilter grace said...

oh such gorgeous handmade ornaments....you do beautiful stitchery lou....i have 2 knitted ones i got from SSCS years ago and they are on my tree every year...another talented stitcher from down under!

dq said...

Your ornaments are beautiful! Happy 2024.

Raewyn said...

Lovely ornaments, Lou. I made a wee bunch and then realised they were too thick to 'pop' into envelopes without being charged triple postage (international) - grr. Your handmade tree is gorgeous. Happy Sewing and crafting in 2024.

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely ornaments swapped...........and your tree is beautiful.......