Yesterday was a good sewing day. I spent part of the morning putting all of the I Spy blocks together. Before I started, I decided I was going to play along too. I don't know why I picked the letter S, but that's what I settled on before I set off sewing.
As I stitched, I kept spotting things beginning with S. I sewed and sewed... and found more and more of them. Wow! I had no idea there were so many!
(ugh! Blogger is distorting my images today. If you click on them you will get a clearer image).
Here's what I managed to find:
🔹 Sports car
🔹 Scotty dog
🔹 Stegosaurus
🔹 Spiderman
🔹 School bus
🔹 Skeleton
🔹 Sophie
🔹 Semi truck
🔹 Sorcerer
🔹 Stripes
🔹 Smurf
🔹 Shark (Though Jennifer thinks it should be under M for Man eater)!
🔹 Sailboats
🔹 Starfish
🔹 Seahorse
🔹 Sea sponges
🔹 Snow White
🔹 Sailor bears
🔹 Spaceships
🔹 Sleeping dog
🔹 Street map
🔹 Sporty bears
🔹 "Straya"... according to Tony! 😂
Did I miss any?
∘◦❀◦∘
With the I Spy top complete, I turned my attention to the scrappy hexagon top I'd been working on before we went away. I trimmed the edges straight...
...it's a donor quilt, so I'm quite happy to do that. I then had a rummage through my stash looking for a piece of fleece to use as the backing. I have a couple of pieces here, but none of them seemed quite right, so I'll see what I can find while I'm out and about today.
∘◦❀◦∘
After a quick lunch I pulled out my stitchery and settled into my armchair. I managed to finish the stitching on the half-completed block.
And here it is!
Tony arrived home just before I was finished, so I decided that was a good place to stop for the day.
Later today, once the chores are out of the way, I plan to make a start on the next block.
Before I get to sit 'n' stitch, I have a few chores to tackle. The washing machine is on, and as it's not a good drying day, so Gran's airer will be getting a workout.
I also need to go grocery shopping... and fleece shopping.
If I'm going to quilt these two tops, I'll need to tidy up the quilting frame first. It hasn't been used for a while, so I'm sure it will have collected a good coating of dust.
No doubt one or two other jobs will make themselves known before the day is out, but I'm sure there will be time to stitch. Then it's back to work tomorrow.
∘◦❀◦∘
While I was sewing my I Spy blocks together yesterday, I noticed a bit of commotion outside my window. When I looked up, I spied a visitor scrambling all over Old Man Tree.
There were dozens of sparrows making a terrible racket, shouting at him and keeping just out of reach. LOL.
Poor puss didn't manage to catch himself a snack. I'm not sure where he lives, as I don't see him very often. He was definitely an unexpected addition to my I Spy game for the day. I wonder if "sneaky cat" counts as an S?
∘◦❀◦∘





No comments:
Post a Comment