In my last post I left you hanging. There was no photo of my crochet work in progress and the possibility of spending a little more time with my sewing machine.
Ha! Well, the ugly crochet blanket is now finished... and there is still no photo. Sorry... not sorry!
∘◦❀◦∘
So, with one piece of handwork completed, what next? Something that has been whispering to me recently is my Down in the Garden stitcheries. I have seven and a half of the nine blocks completed, so I really just need one final push. Out they came this afternoon, and a little progress was made.
Did I spend Sunday afternoon and evening at the sewing machine? Nope! The Eye Spy quilt is still a collection of individual blocks spread across the design floor. I did, with Janice's help, finally decide on a border though.
There is no red fabric left for borders, I had to piece together the last few strips just to have enough for the blocks. So, the plan now is to add a polka dot border and use the same fabric for the binding... whenever I eventually get it all sewn together!
∘◦❀◦∘
Of course, there has also been time for baking. My feijoa trees are still dropping fruit, so I've made several batches of feijoa slice since returning home from the Isle of Man.
Feijoa Slice
Filling
For the topping
Reserve one-third of the base mixture and stir in an extra 1/2 cup of coconut.
Method
It seems to me that this recipe could easily be adapted for other fruits too. I'm keen to try it with Black Boy peaches, as I have some in the freezer in just the right-sized portions, and perhaps raspberries as well.
∘◦❀◦∘
As you know, Tony and I started a jigsaw puzzle soon after Christmas, but no progress has been made on that one. It's a warplane, and I really feel like it's Tony's puzzle rather than mine. I'm happy to help, but I don't want to take over.
I also set Miss Charmaine up with a 300-piece puzzle back in March, I think. She has struggled with it though, so recently asked if I would finish it for her. I had fun picking away at it over the last couple of days, and today, while waiting for the oven, I popped the last dozen pieces into place.
It really wasn't that difficult. Maybe this image just isn't her thing. Time to look around for something she might prefer.
∘◦❀◦∘
I've still got two more days off work, which feels like a luxury. Whether I spend them sewing, stitching, baking or simply catching up on jobs remains to be seen. Whatever happens, I'll keep myself busy... and hopefully have something a little more exciting to show you next time!




No comments:
Post a Comment