Do you remember recently I was so very lucky to score a box of fabrics and some ready-made blocks? (Link to previous post) Well... the same lady has been in touch again! As she has sorted through more of her mother's sewing and crafting stash, she reached out and offered me some more. Her grandchildren are doing very well from the sale of Great-Grandma's stash and other treasures. LOL.
I've made two more trips to the house around the corner and come away loaded. No more plastic totes this time, but four huge paper grocery sacks, and they were bursting with goodies. As with the tote, some things I'll be keeping, and some will be passed on to others.
Let's have a look...
Sack #1

Another lovely collection of bits and pieces and a small selection of strips. There were some quite generous pieces in here too, including several larger pieces that might make good quilt backs if I join them, along with a lovely collection of odds and ends, I Spy fabrics, and scrappy pieces.
That said, these ones look to have been well cared for. None of the bundles I have purchased from Sue have that old, musty smell, which tells me this stash was well loved, well stored, and still a working stash until quite recently.
So, I'll hang on to these pieces and give them a gentle try when their turn comes.
∘◦❀◦∘
Sack #4
That wasn't quite everything. There were also some very large pieces of polyester, a big piece of linen, and several other rather large pieces of fabric that I'm not even sure what they are. We are talking metres of fabric per piece!
I have refilled one of those big sacks with fabrics that I know I won't use, so they will be passed on to someone who will love and use them.
And now I think it might be time for me to stay away from Facebook Marketplace for a while. LOL.
I have plenty of my own works in progress waiting patiently for attention without adding Great-Grandma's projects and half of her cotton fabric collection to the mix!
Wish me luck finding somewhere to put all this new fabric.
And a long sewing life.
∘◦❀◦∘








.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment