Tuesday 4 August 2009

Testing a theory

A couple of years ago my sister gave me the little bag here on the right. I'm sure there are tutorials out there for making this type of bag, but I enjoy the challenge of coming up with the method myself.
I've had a way of making it floating about in my head for a while and today was the day.
I wouldn't change anything except the method I used for attaching the handles. If you would like me to do a tutorial, just leave me a comment and I'll have a go, I'm itching to make another one and experiment some more, I could take lots of pictures as I go.
I've been thinking about making it in larger or smaller squares, my blue version is made with 5 inch charms, the original was made using 4 inch squares. It would make a cute little gift bag using less squares, or even smaller squares. How about doing it with jelly slices? I made the handles long enough to be used as shoulder straps. You could use different handles altogether. This one is destined to be a gift for a friend, I'll see her and hand it over in a couple of days.
Now I'm off to be a good girl and finally do some homework.
*
Gratitude's
1) A creative mind.
2) Inspiration
3) Tangy chutney in my cheese sandwich.

10 comments:

Jane said...

I found myself looking at someone's bag today and trying to work out how to make it,lol. It must be catching

Karen said...

Good for you! The bag turned out great.

Allie said...

Those are sweet! Good for you on figureing it out!

quiltmom anna said...

HI Loulee,
The bag turned out fantastic- I certainly will enjoy looking at a tutorial if you decide to do one-
If you are interested in making bags there is a link on a recent post for free bag patterns ( a large number of them that you might enjoy having)
I am off to put some borders on my quilt and to write my new blog post.
Be well,
Regards,
Anna

Cardygirl said...

You have been making some lovely bags lately. You did a great job working out how the bag was done.

Janice said...

Sounds good in theory. Looks good in blue.

Gari in AL said...

Oh, yes, do a tutorial. I really like that bag. I have been wanting to make a blue quilted jacket so if I do I will need a blue bag to go with it.

em's scrapbag said...

Cute bag

black bear cabin said...

ooooh! i like the shape of this bag...please do a tutorial! :)
how are other things in your world. i havent checked in in a while, but i think of you often and hope all is wonderful with you and your family!
hugs!

Julia said...

Hi Loulee,
Your sister bought the bag from me...I remember i had to keep it a secret so she could surprise you...
You did great making one up yourself, well done!
Julia ♥