Thursday 13 August 2009

My Favorite Part

Do you have a favourite part of the quilt making process? Mine seems to change daily sometimes.
I loved making the individual blocks for this quilt, playing about with the fabric strips and deciding which ones would go together and the fact that they were so quick to make up just made them all the more endearing. Now that I have begun the process of putting them all together I'm in heaven. I wasn't so happy making them into their strip sets, but putting all the strips together and getting a taste of the finished effect, that's wonderful. Can you spot the not so deliberate mistake?
I'm still undecided about adding a second coloured border. Andrea has very kindly offered to send me some yardage if that would help, and if I could decide which one to use! LOL You may remember I won all these beautiful fabrics as a give away on her blog. With the exception of the off white sashing I don't really want to introduce anything of my own here, I want to try to stay with just the fabrics which Andrea gifted to me. I'll see how it looks once I have all the strips put together.
*
I have a day off today and just one last essay to write for this months homework and here I am writing my blog! I'm off to finish my homework then meet Mum for lunch. Maybe later I'll get to sew.
*
Gratitude's.
1) 8 days till Birmingham.
2) I slept properly last night.
3) Early mornings.

4 comments:

Lurline said...

I do know it is one gorgeous quilt!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Jane said...

So glad you got a good night's sleep, it makes all the difference. This quilt is coming together nicely.

Allie said...

I really love how this is coming together!

Tazzie said...

Just beautiful. I love the way the white sashing sets off all the lovely colours. Very exciting seeing this one come together.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)