Tuesday 13 October 2009

New (To Me) Stash!

Do you remember earlier this year a friend and colleague gave me some fabric to make her a bag? Well this time she gave me a bag! A flippin' great big bag, full of fabrics. She has a friend who works in a furniture store and had been given a pile of curtain samples. Lucky me. I feel a few more baggies coming on.
These are not the greatest of pictures, it's an overcast day, but the flash just wasn't giving true images, so I took pictures with and without then played around until I got something close to true!
These are quite aqua in colour, my favourite I'll be doing something with these two, they deserve to stay together.
And the top two here are beautiful too, such a yummy colour, the very top one has a rose design on it.
I have plans for some of these browns too.
This big flower is just begging to be a feature on something.

There is also a book of silk samples,
With some adorable embroidery already in place.
Sorting through all those samples has given me a break from looking at the Bloggers Quilt Festival. Have you had a look yet? Did you add your name and one of your quilts to the show? I have really enjoyed looking at all the beautiful quilts and getting so much inspiration. LOL I'll never remember all the things I've seen or which ones are my favourites, I have a new favourite every time I go and look. Seems I missed a bit too, it is a competition! There are prizes. I wouldn't want to be a judge, that's for sure. So many beautiful quilts from people all over the world, of all ages and experience, so many different styles.
Todays favourites include this post....and this post and I always adored this one.
*
I've found time to finish my SSCS, I've purchased one or two items to add and now I'm onto extras, you know, the just because items! LOL. My partner hasn't posted in a while, I hope she is ok and just busy making something for her partner!
*
I'm going to go a drool on my new fabrics. I'll get my seam ripper out and take of any backing fabrics and open up any hems while I'm at it.
*
Gratitude's
1) New Lovelies.
2) A Morning Off Work.
3) 11 days!




5 comments:

Jane said...

Wow, what a fantastic horde. You'll have some fun with those for sure

Allie said...

Oh golly what TREASURE!!!!!!! You're going to have too much fun. 11 days, yippee!!!!!!!!

Rowyn said...

Great stash, can't wait to see what you do with it.

Wow - 11 days? Time is racing along! Are you all ready for your big day?

Gina said...

great fabrics

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful fabrics! What a wonderful friend to share those with you!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Greatly appreciate the nice link to it.

Bari