Friday 9 October 2009

More images of NZ

Because I can't share too many pictures of my progress on the SSCS I thought I'd share some more images of New Zealand.
First up, another image taken at Benmore.
The view through the kitchen window at Tonys folks house. I could wash dishes all day long!!
And two views of the back gardens.

A veggie patch and a Christmas tree!
It's been a few years since we were there, so I guess the gardens will have changed a little, bushes and trees will be bigger and I know some are gone, damaged by the heavy snows in 2006. I love gardens and like to potter around pulling weeds etc, but I just can't imagine maintaining a garden that big.
*
My day off work today, boy do I need it. These two weeks are pretty intensive, with late shifts and days off seemingly few and far between. I plan to do a lot of what I want and very little of anything else! So that will include some sewing on the swap goodies, the main gift is virtually finished, then perhaps I'll find a movie to watch this afternoon and sit with a stitchery project or (Gasp in surprise) my cross stitch! It's been a while.
*
Gratitude's
1) A quiet empty house.
2) A day off.
3) A morning kiss from Hunney.

5 comments:

Janice said...

What a stunning part of the world and what a beautiful place to be married.

Gina said...

I am not jealous, I am not jealous. Oh who am I trying to kid, I am so jealous.LOL

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Allie said...

It is very beautiful - that view would ensure my dishes got washed right away! Glad you're getting some downtime.

AnnieO said...

You two are so blessed to be starting your married lives in this garden! Thanks for sharing that peace and serenity of your pictures :) The countdown continues....

Ali Honey said...

It's lovely Loulee. I have been to Benmore in recent years so must have been close to your future PIL.

Wow only 18 more days!
( the weather has been really strange so I hope it settles down by then )
Hugs from North Island, NZ