Monday 7 June 2010

NOT what I went shopping for.

I have two possible pin cushions made up, they just need some pretty stitching and embellishing. I went out shopping to get supplies for a couple of other pin cushion ideas and some pretties for the embellishments, only to find that both of the crafty shops here in Ramsey were closed. How frustrating! So I wandered into the book shop and treated myself, well you have to don't you? To get over the disappointment. I found these two books, the baby knits is a must with our friend being in the family way and the bears, well they are just too cute, I couldn't resist. I'll need to sort out some oddments of DK, I'm itching to have a go.
Of course one of the CLOSED ALL WEEK craft shops sells 25g balls of yarn for toy making. I wonder what mum has in her boxes?
The baby knits book has two pretty blankets which are possibilities, as well as hats, mittens and bootees. I may even have a go at the simple but beautiful matinee jacket. I love baby knits, they are so quick and satisfying.
*
Speaking of knitting, the roads are closed for the TT races, it's my day off, so I'll be sat at home with my feet up, knitting and purling the afternoon away, while I take frequent looks through the knitted bears book trying to decide which costume would be suitably unisex for a brand new baby.
*
Have fun with your day.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Sounds like the perfect day. Enjoy it

Mandy Noble said...

How exciting! I wonder what the pin cushions are like? M x

Jewells said...

oh I love the bear book... I am trying to read what it says on the cover, then I will google it to see if I can buy it somewhere..maybe eBay?.. I am also knitting at the moment... my boyfriend's jumper... cheers...Jewells

Jewells said...

I found the book & bought it!!!..see, I told you I loved it..cheers...Jewells