Friday 28 January 2011

594

You'd better grab a cuppa, it seems I have lots to say today. My kettle just boiled, I'll meet you back here! LOL
*
594? I'll get back to that later. Look, I finished yet another neutral cardigan for baby Freya.
It's the last one, now I get to play with some colour. Look at the buttons I found though, don't they look like toffee or fudge or something equally sweet and tasty.
They've been in my button tin for years, I really don't remember where I acquired them, but they do look a treat on this little cardigan. It's knitted using a Merino blend, what else?
*
This one unfortunately is not a merino blend. It's not a very good picture either, no matter what I do, this one just doesn't want to come out right. This is an Aran weight yarn and is a blend of natural and synthetic fibres. I'm just about to start decreasing for the arm holes on the back. The cable is supposed to have bobbles in the flat area, but I don't put them onto the backs of baby garments, I will add them to the fronts and sleeves though.
Here's a better look at the yarn colour, isn't it pretty?
I'm still enjoying the relatively quick finishes achieved with baby knits, but I'm sure I'll get fed up at some point and have been planning quilts and returns to UFOs. A baby girl is all it took to get me thinking about my Butterfly Fling Jelly Roll UFO. (I have blogged about it somewhere if you want to go hunting) I dug out the box the other day, maybe I'll do some work on it sometime soon. LOL
*
594? We're getting very close to 600 blog posts. That sounds like a good place to have a give away. My opportunity to send a gift to one of my regular readers. In fact I'll send one gift each to two regular readers I've had quite a few suggestions of names for this quilt, some of which I really like, LOL. I keep changing my mind. I think what I'll do is put all of your names into a hat and bribe one of my boys in to drawing a name out. So that's one gift taken care of, what about the second one? Every comment from a regular reader between now and post 600 will have a place in a second draw. (Only one comment per person per post please! Don't want you getting accused of spamming. Oh and you don't have to 'follow' me or advertise all over your own blogs either.) So if you comment on each post...594, 595, 596, 597, 598 and 599 you could have six tickets in the draw. Wow! In post 600 I'll announce the winners for both draws. No time limits, I'll just post when I post, but I will help with a countdown or reminders or something.
*
Still with me? I said you'd need a cuppa.
I've been thinking about how to get a little more structure to my blog. I've seen 'Design wall Mondays' and 'Wordless Wednesdays'. But I don't have a design wall and I'm a chatterbox! I can't really post every day because some days I really have nothing to show or talk about. Would you like to see more random stuff, walks or home pictures or should I stick to my crafts? Because of confidentiality issues I really can't say or show much about my work. Today's entry into the draw could be a comment about what it is you like or would like to see/read on my blog.

10 comments:

Cath said...

Lovely knitting again , I like your blog as it is , chatty and fun .X

Jane said...

The aran yarn is a pretty colour and the buttons are a really interesting design. Someone is going to enjoy wearing both of these

Ali Honey said...

It's yours to do what ever takes your fancy. I like seeing your quilting and knitting, your countryside, your journeys and what's happening in your particular area of the world. ( you are the only family I know who live on the IOM )
Just enjoy blogging!

Janice said...

Wow! That is a lot of posts. Your latest knitting is so sweet. Freya will look very cute.
Seeing as you are asking for suggestions for blog post ideas I'll put my two bob's worth in. I loved it when you shared photos of your walks and shared a bit of Manx knowledge. When we saw Manannan's Cloak for real,I knew what it was from your blog. I'm sure many others would also be fascinated by your beautiful island. Of course, your craft is always wonderful to see. I love a good bit of show and tell.

Chookyblue...... said...

I like your blog that way it is.......I blog to please myself when I can..........sometimes it gets fairly often other times it takes a bit between posts.......
only thing I would suggest is some scenery area pics........unlike Janice who will get to holiday there.........lol..........so jealous.......
I do like it when I see some pics from the area people live in.........

AnnieO said...

Wow, almost 600 posts, that's great! How nice of you to have a giveaway. I love seeing all you do, crafts and quilts, household, walks, life in general, no need to stick one topic cause it is your blog and not some restricted webgroup or something. Chat away!

QuiltSue said...

I think you should just blog about whatever you want to. It's your blog. If you start trying to say "I'll do this", "I won't do that", "I'll do it at regular times", etc., it'll start to become a chore, and that's really not the point is it? Well, you did ask! (giggle)

Jenny said...

Hi Loulee

It's your blog, so keep it natural. We crafters like to see what others get up to, so knitting, quilting, whatever - just write what you do. I agree with the other comment too, I would love to see some pics of the Isle of Man - after all, most of us have never been there!
Jenny

Gari in AL said...

I like your blog just the way you are. I did enjoy some of the pictures you have shown of the town where you live and of course your sewing/craft room. But whatever you show and talk about seems to work for me. 600 is such a big number.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Since I'm not a knitter but love pretty yarns I always enyoy seeing knitting projects. Darling sweater. Baby things are the cutest.