Wednesday 19 January 2011

Productivity and a yummy package.

As I hoped, I spent practically the whole day up in my sewing room yesterday. I got a little more tidying up done then got stuck into some more of mums projects. First up I quilted this little cushion sized panel. Then made it into a simple envelope style cover. There is just a tiny bit of hand stitching left to do.
Next up I made two Cheetah panels into a bolster cover.
I didn't quilt them, just left them flat. I also had to make a pad to go inside it. This too just requires a few hand sewn stitches.
Hopefully I'll have time to get another of the larger projects completed before Mums birthday on 1st of Feb.
*
When I got home from work today a Fat Quarter Shop sized parcel was sat upon my stair waiting for me. Look!! I was so excited. A whole fat quarter bundle of Buttercup, by Fig Tree Quilts, well who else would it be? You know I'm a sucker for that stuff.
There will be a new collection available soon too. Strawberry Fields.
I'm off to play with and stroke my new fabrics for a while.
*
Don't forget to look here, you might be able to help me name my latest quilt. Something else I did yesterday was to make a start on a little something to says thanks for helping out with that.

8 comments:

AnnieO said...

Your mum is one lucky lady! She'll have quite a suite of bedding to enjoy. Glad you got to spend lots of time playing with fabric. And a package too--what a treat!

Jenny said...

Glad to see those elephants and other assorted African wildlife being used at last!

Jane said...

You have been busy, your mum will be so pleased. I love the bolster cushion

Janice said...

Lucky Mum to have more African soft furnishings for her birthday. Finished in plenty of time. I love your new fabrics. The colours are gorgeous. You'll be able to make something wonderful with them.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the elephants. Buttercup is so pretty but I love the colors in the new Strawberry Fields.

Julz said...

Hi Loulee - I lost the link to your blog and just found you again via http://anorchardistquilting.blogspot.com/. It looks like you have been busy crafting. Hugs Jx

quiltygal said...

Hi Lou I managed to have some time in my sewing room today but have a sore sholder so had to take frequent breaks.:( Im making a baby quilt for a flood victim in New south wales she has lost her 18mth old daughter,mother,mother in law.house & is having a girl in 3 mths..cant imagine how she is feeling at least I can make a quilt ! Love what you are doing for your mum also love the shirt quilt xxx

Ali Honey said...

What a lovely lots of baby garments there. Good for you sticking to wool for babies. ( NZ needs more like you )