Tuesday 26 November 2013

Two Finishes

But first a picture of my gorgeous Grand daughter. 
I got the last rounds onto this pretty little cardigan a couple of days ago, but only just sewed the buttons on this morning. 
 The colours really are much prettier in real life.
This was so quick and easy to make, I may just have to do another one, in different colours.
*
 My second finish is my secret cross stitch. I collected it from the framers this morning. The problem with forgetting to take a picture of the completed work, before framing, is you end up struggling to get a good image! This one with a flash is the best of a bad lot I'm afraid.
I pulled my cross stitch Santa out and stitched on him over the weekend. It isn't as much fun as I'd like it to be at the moment. I'm stitching his wreath, it's made up of holly and ivy. There are 7 shades of green and three of red! So I'm constantly changing thread colours, and making sure to back stitch as I go! I'll take an updated picture in a day or two.
*
Today we find out if Tony is finally redundant on Friday, or if the receiving company will require him to stay on for a couple of weeks to finish off closing down all the systems.
*
I'm still waiting to hear from Immigration services to find out if I will have a residential visa. We're 99.9% certain that I will get it, but best to be sure!
*
Busy day today, I'm off on the bus to Douglas to get a few gifts and visit my brother again. I hope to find time to sew for an hour!

4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

the cardy will be lovey on bub........goodluck for your visas and hope everything works out as you want for dh......cross stitch is great........

Gari in AL said...

Love your cross stitch, it is beautiful. And I love the baby sweater, you did a great job.

QuiltSue said...

Your granddaughter is so sweet, she looks very happy. I love the way the cat is just stalking through the poppies.

Janice said...

Great finishes. The little cardy is so cute. It will look lovely on Faith. The cross stitch turned out really well. You certainly got a wriggle on with the stitching to finish so quickly. I can't wait to see how Santa is progressing. Oh, the uncertainty with jobs and immigrating and stuff. Won't it be so good when you actually know for certain what is happening and when. Keep us posted.