Tuesday 2 April 2019

Picture this.

No crafting took place on Sunday sadly. In the morning while Tony and my brother played war games on the play station, (They do this every weekend, one here and one on the Isle of Man) I was busy else where as usual. First I made a bacon and egg pie and then moved on to having a sort out in the big hall cupboard. There are boxes of pictures and photos in there and someone was bugging me and saying I needed to make some additions to the rogues gallery in my hall way. 
After much sorting I discovered and added four new pictures to the wall.
I came across some other treasures while I was in there, and some of them now have new homes.
 I cross stitched these two pieces a long time ago! I'm not certain of the date except to say pre 2000! I had done a pretty amateurish job of framing them back then, so before they went onto a wall, I opened them up and did a better job of it. They are now hanging in the WC.  
 Mr Fisher Mouse, like the previous two is not dated, but I do have a record of him on the PC in a file named pre 2004.  That sadly is the best I can do. He also needs some attention and will be reframed sometime soon. Meanwhile he is hanging in the hall. 
This next piece is dated. I stitched and signed it in 2004!
 However, I have no record of it anywhere on the PC, which is a surprise.
It was professionally framed and I remember gifting it to mum it hung in the corner of her lounge. Now it's in my hallway. 
I know that this next piece has popped up on  my blog more than once.
 I stitched it for Tony for Christmas 2013. It has been up on the wall in this house, but was taken down to make room for a quilt. Said quilt now has a new home and the black kitty cat is back where he should be outside Tony's cave. 
 Obviously this next piece was stitched in 1997. LOL  For my daughter Kay, who was born in 1988!
Why then do I have it?  It's not the only one, I have another piece I stitched for Kay here with me too!
I'll send them back to her one day. But for now, they are both hanging in my quilting room.
Along with a collection of Mothers day and birthday cards that I had stitched over the years and given to my Mum.
I found another one on Sunday, this piece is dated inside, it says Mothers Day 1997. 
And 1996. This one has been professionally framed.
Next up, another piece with no date. But there are two names!
 I have no record of this piece anywhere on the PC, not even in the pre 2004 file! So I'm really not sure how old it is. I do remember that my youngest sister wanted to stitch something for mum. 
I helped her find a pattern in one of my magazines and provided aida fabric and threads. I really don't recall how far she got before she ran out of steam, or maybe school work became more important, but eventually it came back to me, I finished it and signed both our names. 
Mum loved it and it hung in her homes for many years. 
This was another amateur framing job which I repaired it before adding it to the growing gallery in my quilting room.
And Finally another piece that has featured on this blog previously. I found these pretty poppies in an op shop and couldn't leave them there.
They didn't find a home on a wall yet. They have been professionally framed, but for some reason I can't figure, they do not hang nicely. I may take them to a framers and see what can be done, the frame itself is pretty beaten up and tired, so I may get it replaced. I wish I knew who had stitched them. Maybe there is something hidden inside the frame.
That's it!
The only cross stitch pieces left hiding in the big hall cupboard are the Christmas pieces.
They will all get a turn in December.
As you know however, there are several finished pieces waiting to be framed all hanging out in the cupboard in my sewing room. 
Their day will come.
I haven't yet decided what to do with myself over my two days off.
Maybe....
Start block 4 of Down in the Garden.
Do some cross stitch on M'Lady.
Quilt a quilt!
Take Claire out for her birthday lunch.
?????
I'll let you know soon.




4 comments:

Janice said...

You’ve done some lovely work over the years. Much better to have them on display than hiding away.

Karen S said...

Looks like you discovered quite a few treasures. Having a wall of pictures looks great.

Jenny said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely hand work. You have been very productive over the years.

Maria said...

Sew many beautiful stitched memorable treasures. Loved seeing them all.