Friday 29 March 2019

A finished block

Block 3 of Down in the Garden is complete. As I thought it took only just over an hour to finish it on Wednesday. 
I'm very happy with it and pleased to have it done before the end of the month.
I know I'm doing this one several years after it was released, but it was a BOM and therefore to my mind, nice to have each block completed within a month!
I have two days to spare this month and hope that I'll manage to get in at least an hour of stitching on Spring Queen today. Sadly, that's all the time she will get this month.
If I was still getting school reports, the page for needlework would possibly say, 
"Must apply more time for hand crafts"
LOL
Mind you, each evening I hook a little on the big blanket.
It's growing slowly.
before finding time to sit and stitch on Wednesday I made tomato pasta sauce for the freezer, using the last of the red and almost red tomatoes. Leek and potato soup and a lamb and barley broth also for the freezer. (Making soups I find is a great way to preserve excess and left over foods and I have a ready supply of quick lunches throughout the year.)  And while all of that and the stitching was going on, the slow cooker was making beef curry for lunch boxes, some of which ended up in the freezer! LOL
I did the usual round of domestics and had a tidy up in my sewing room. The off cuts from block three were put away and the package containing the fabrics and instructions for block four were pulled out. I'll look at those next week. 
I noticed during the day that Noah, our neighbours cat was keeping cool in the shade on our deck.
Isn't he a handsome boy? He is a very friendly boy and will follow me around the garden as I pull weeds, collect produce and peg out laundry. 
He visits most days and looks for Belle through the window.
Sometimes they watch each other through the glass, sometimes she ignores him!
Which is rather rude, but she is an indoor cat and has not physically met another cat since we brought her home when she was 12 - 13 weeks old. 
If I want to stitch before work I have to go do a few jobs, if I stay here I'll end up on pinterest. 


4 comments:

Jenny said...

Your Down in the Garden blocks are so pretty, such a lot of work but well worth it. What sort of cat lives next door? Obviously a pedigree, and as you say, such a handsome boy!

Karen S said...

Lovely progress on this block and looking great.

Maria said...

Your block for Down the Garden is lovely...
You've been busy stocking up the freezer with goodies too..
Noah is definitely a very handsome boy!!

Janice said...

These blocks are so pretty. I think your school report should read “over achiever in the kitchen with excellent time management”. Despite what you say, you achieve a lot.