Sunday 10 November 2019

I blame Janice

Remember in my last post, I had a few pictures from a quick show and tell that Janice did? 
This is a corner of one of those lovely quilts. Do you see the door knobs behind the quilt?
That is the entrance to a very lovely room.
Why the chain? 
Well those doors concertina if you push them in just the right place.
A certain furry member of the household discovered this, so steps were taken and preventative measures were put in place. LOL
Poor Joey.
He's such a handsome boy, how could you deny him a snooze in a cosy bed?
Sew, anyway.....
Once you unhook the chain and step through those doors you are in a wonderful space.
Janice has a fantastic setup, with lots of storage, work space and things on display.
Such a great room. It inspired me to have a shuftie about in my room. It's only half the size of Janice's. But I'm not jealous, much....
Tony had an idea and wanted to try it out for me. We had a move about and tried out a few things. We finally settled on a new layout,  after we acquired me a new desk and a new chest of drawers. Taking inspiration from the way Janice has her room, with a sort of island coming out from the wall. 
Mum/Grans kitchen cabinet has come back out of the wardrobe, I have much better light for cutting.
And there is still plenty of room for a bored/ lonely husband seat.
The last of the cardboard moving boxes that were stashed under the old folding table were finally unpacked.
It's all turned out rather well and I've enjoyed pottering about in there.
Of course, one thing that did create more than a little extra space was the removal of another of my Grans cupboards and all of my knitting and crochet supplies to another room! 
It's now tucked into my quilting studio.
 Tucked away into the corner.
Mum used to keep her knitting yarn in this cupboard too.
Gran kept it in her bathroom, filled with towels.
I'm so lucky to have these family treasures.
*
And now Debbie has started! 
Her room is slowly getting a big reshuffle too. LOL
As I said right at the top of this post...
It's all your fault!
😉

P.S. Blogger has stopped forwarding your comments to my email...
Grrr, better go try to fix that.


4 comments:

Tony said...

LOL - Bored....

Maria said...

Clever way to keep the Joey out of the bedroom...
Janice has a great sewing space and now yours is looking good too.

Jenny said...

Both of the sewing rooms look great, not like mine, sadly.

Janice said...

Poor Joey, my foot. LOL. He is one rather pampered little boy. I’m glad you were able to take some inspiration to tweak your room. I do hope it works well for you. I’m glad your vintage pieces of furniture are out on display and being used. Hopefully Tony and Bella will spend some time in with you too.