Sunday 17 November 2019

Shopping and prezzies and all of that! And some creativity too!

I'm going to make this the last Aussie post!
I've uploaded a bunch of photos, in no particular order, so I'll explain as they come. LOL
*
It's no secret that I collect tea towels so on my day out shopping with Janice I treated myself to three new tea towels. 
 The tea towel theme continued throughout the trip. I found another one at The Dish.
I have since discovered that it is a great glass cloth, good for specs, windows, mirrors and even wine glasses. LOL
There was also the obligatory fridge magnet.
 Another towel from the Motor Museum and a notice for the garage door. 
 It was Tony who discovered these cute magnets at the Royal Flying Doctors visitor centre, right beside the ones with creepy crawlies on them. ((Shudder))
And another towel of course. LOL
 I took gifts with me, for our hosts.
I stitched this cute wee caravan for Janice and Mick.
I opted to leave it in the hoop and covered the back with a piece of felt.
I also found a tea towel with caravans on.
*
 I stitched another piece for Chooky.
 It was also accompanied by a tea towel, this time native NZ birds.
Gifts from Janice were many and exciting. They came in a large gift bag, which seemed bottomless.
many of these pics are sideways on, sorry.
 Janice had been busy in her room and made me a lovely table runner with an Aussie themed fabric.
 There was a news paper special magazine all about the moon landings and the part that The Dish played in receiving and transmitting the pictures of the moon landing, and this cute wee wot not dish, which I believe Janice found in an op shop.
 A cross stitch kit, also from an op shop. 
 One of my Favourite designers, Joan Elliot, this lovely lady is called Winter Fairy.
I wish I could be lucky and find treasure like this in my local op shops. 
Chooky gifted me this great bag.
London. Been there, boring!
Paris. No appeal for me.
Rome. Been there.
Coonamble!!  Amazing place, you should go. The locals are lovely people. 
 New York... Yeah....Nah.
While visiting the Chook shed I was let loose in a box of cards and told to take my pick.
Chooky has a good camera eye and there were some beautiful cards in there.
 I had to squeeze in a quilty themed card.
 I told you about my visit to Anni Downs store and my purchases there, but thought I would show them again anyway.
A Boys Story I have been wanting this book for some time. Finally it is mine.
 I found and treated myself to a new pair of quilters gloves in Dubbo, I think!
And essential reading for the plane ride home.
 Look at the wee mandala that was in the box of tea bags I bought to drink while I was there.
I'll need to sharpen my pencils. Sadly that particular brand of tea is not available here in Timaru.
 And last but not least, Janice had a whole file full of cross stitch patterns.
She said I could take my pick. Most of them were samplers like this one. Not really my thing, but this one has an anchor and one or two nautical themed motifs. I can work with those.
So there you have it. Gifts to and from, purchases made and treasure to cherish.
That's it. My last post about Aussie.
*
Since returning I have changed about in my room, and actually managed to spend some time in there. OK, so today it was only to iron the laundry, but I have started to cut some of the over 1200 2.5 inch squares I need for a scrappy project.
I managed to complete another advent calendar.
Of course I added a little bling.
Look at the cute ribbon I found in the ribbon jar.
I don't have to go far to visit this one, it is right next door. My neighbour bought it.
And finally for this post, I framed another cross stitch.
It's hanging in our bedroom.
*
Phew, that turned into a much longer post than I thought it would be.
Thanks for sticking with me.
I hope you enjoyed reading about my trip to Aus and meeting some lovely people.
Thank you to both of our host families. 
We very much enjoyed your company and our time in your beautiful country.
We are so lucky to have you as friends.


3 comments:

Janice said...

You have a nice little selection of Aussie souvenirs. I received a nice little NZ one in return. I’m glad you are getting to spend some time in your room. Is there a postage stamp quilt in the making?

Maria said...

Loved reading your post, many beautiful gifts given and received.
Fabulous Advent calendar and your framed cross stitch is pretty.

Jenny said...

Oh my, all those wonderful goodies. Christmas certainly came early, don't you think.