Monday 25 November 2019

A Crochet Finish!

At last!
I started this blanket waaaay back at the beginning of May. It wouldn't have taken so long, but I overdid something and an RSI settled into my left wrist. Well that slowed down everything.
But I did notice a couple of weeks ago, that my wrist is finally getting stronger again and thought I might try my crochet. At one point I couldn't even hold my work without pain. Finally I was back to being able to do just a little. So slowly, very slowly I was able to complete this wee blanket.
Two rows, or one colour per night.
I only had four colours left to do!
Then the borders, half a round a night.
Finally I finished it over the weekend.
That's it done. It is a good size for a single/twin bed. Tony wants to keep it. He thinks we should keep pretty much everything I make. I'm not so sure, I had intended to sell it at a craft market, but changes in our working schedules means that we three girls don't get to do those any more.  Maybe I'll pop it on a local facebook page and see what happens.
*
So what now? Well I've already started knitting a sweater for Grandson Floki. Slowly, just a couple of rows here and there. Want to look after my wrist now that it is feeling a bit better.
I'm also continuing to cut 2.5 inch squares, they are coming along slowly too, though I have found that if I hold down my ruler in a certain way, it's good physio therapy for my weak wrist, so long as I don't do too much.
The garden of course is taking up quite a bit of our time at the moment, I'll take and share some pictures another day.

4 comments:

Janice said...

It’s turned out beautifully. I’m so pleased that your wrist is starting to improve. Continue to look after it.

Jenny said...

Such a lovely blanket. I've never learnt to crochet so always admire those who can do this craft.

Karen S said...

Your blanket looks great. Lovely to see it finished. And more importantly, lovely that you are able to crochet again.

Raewyn said...

It's beautiful, and good news about your wrist