Thursday 6 August 2020

I blame Raedene

Or Maybe it's Chookys fault!!
Back in June, when I joined in with Chookys Zoom Meeting to celebrate the Chookshed birthday, there was lots and lots to see with many people working on many different projects. A few of them have since started making a Trail Mix quilt. That didn't inspire me, but something else did.
 And here is another version. Well, I loved what she had done and spent some time on pinterest looking for a stormy pattern and came up with this one! Sea Swept, is a storm at sea, with a twist. I fell in love as soon as I saw it. I think this is why I couldn't settle on a new scrapper project, I just wanted to get swept away to sea. Sadly, with poor Tony still out of work, my days of just tripping off to the shop and purchasing what ever I want have ended and I had to wait........
Well I just had me a birthday.
I've been a very good girl, using up all manner of scraps and left overs and making do with what I have, so yesterday as a birthday gift Tony went with me to the Quilting Shed where we purchased all of the fabric required except binding fabric. (We thought it might be better to select that after I complete the top, just to be sure we get the correct one. And it means I have to take the completed top back to the shop and Cathy can see it in person! LOL) Tony even helped to select a few of them.
All Batiks of course.  😍
I do like batiks, especially these ones, they are so bright and fresh.
For the white back ground we opted for a single white on white.
Now I just have to prepare all of the foundation papers.
There are nearly 200 required.
I've been looking at the construction method and even with careful precutting, there will be plenty of scraps once I'm done....😀
I have one more quick project to sort out, then I can begin.
I have every intention of continuing with my monthly projects along side Sea swept, so hopefully I won't bore you with lots and lots of batik blocks. LOL

12 comments:

Fiona said...

that will be a challenge... and very lovely once it is done... fabulous fabrics you have chosen
Hugz

Jenny said...

Wow, what a gorgeous project! Lovely batiks for you to work with.

kiwikid said...

Love, love, love your batiks, I for one will never be bored with them 😁😁😁 looking forward very much to seeng your progress.

kiwikid said...

Happy birthday too, fantastic birthday gift.

ButterZ said...

This will be a lovely quilt with those Batiks... Have fun

jude's page said...

Great choice of fabrics, and looking forward to watching the progress.

Maria said...

Even though batiks aren't my favorites you definitely have a gorgeous collection there for your new project..
Have fun and I look forward to your progress...

Raedene said...

Beautiful batik selection will make for a gorgeous Storm at Sea. The colors are vibrant. Happy sewing. I am still waiting for mine to return from the longarmer.

Raedene said...

Happy Birthday! and yes, please blame it on Chooky.

Janice said...

I’m looking forward to seeing this quilt grow. The pattern is gorgeous and your fabric choices will work beautifully

Chookyblue...... said...

Definitely raedene's fault not mine..... I really love that quilt too.....
Love what you have chosen....
Didn't realise Tony didn't have work. Hope he finds something very soon......

dq said...

Um, ya...this will be stunning in those fabrics. That storm at sea was amazing and so was Raedene.