Sunday 16 August 2020

Another Incredible Day has Zoomed by.

Chooky had a birthday! So as a treat to herself and to all of us of course, she arranged another virtual retreat using zoom.
Just one day this time, not the whole weekend. LOL
It was lovely to see so many people turn up, from all over the world again. Nice to see some new faces too.  I enjoyed listening to the chat and even joined in from time to time.
I must offer here my sincerest and most humble apologies though. Life and work got in the way and I spent some time away from the sewing room dealing with things......
Before we started I had to find the laptop. It's on the table right there in this picture. 
As you can see I left a bunch of almost completed masks when I called time on Saturday night, but after I had found the laptop and connected to the party, I was summonsed to make breakfast before  I could get on with finishing those. I also did a couple of other chores in the kitchen, but more about that later.
One of my many interruptions was to make a sale. I have sold quite a few masks in the last week.
I've had some lovely comments about my fabrics, I think people are enjoying pretty masks rather than the plain paper ones.
Mask making done for the day I turned my attention to the purple fabrics I pulled for my RSC.
And three purple emperors were made.
Purple is not a colour that is high on my like list, but I seem to be using it a lot lately. LOL
I also made another of these blocks for the RSC.
The border looks a lot less pink in real life!
Another interruption was to deal with my bread.
I had set up the machine to make the dough while preparing breakfast, but then I lift it out and pop it into a loaf tin once it has risen.
That way we get a nice shaped loaf and best of all, there is no hole in the bottom where the paddle sits!
The angle at which I've taken this photo makes it look like a tiny loaf, but I assure you, it;s a normal size loaf of bread. LOL
After a lunch of home made chicken soup, (I made that yesterday, using the carcass from a hot chook from the supermarket.)  I got on a did some crochet, adding a final round to a baby blanket. That's two of those completed, so I'll have to find a new crochet project.
Then I was back sewing again. Just putting together charm squares.
A little bassinet sized top for the baby due in September. 
I now have 3-4 little tops that need quilting and binding. I'd better get on with that.
I was moving around quite a bit in my room, going from the table where the lap top sits, to the sewing machine off camera, and back on camera with my back to it while I was pressing. I feel like I got quite a lot done and also enjoyed seeing what everyone else was working on.
Very little effort will be required for dinner as another wee chore I did during the breakfast interruption was to put a piece of corned beef into the slow cooker. I just lifted it out 20 minutes ago. I'm off now to make cauliflower and cheese sauce to serve with it and creamed potatoes. 
Then it will be time to sit and hand sew for the evening. 
 




14 comments:

Maria said...

You sure keep busy while still staying on Zoom. Was great to see everyone and meet some new ladies too.Pleased Chooky had a nice birthday after all with the surprise visitors and then Zooming...

jude's page said...

You certainly managed to fit a lot into your day. It's great that we can come and go as life dictates stuff. That bread looks yum.

simplestitches said...

lovely to see you again on zoom...you certainly achieved quite a bit during the day...can you show the crochet blanket, I missed that one.

ButterZ said...

Glad you had such a productive day. It was good to join in too

Jenny said...

Havent you been busy, sewing, zooming, baking bread. And corned beef so yummy, we havent had that for a while, and I'm sure there is a piece lurking in the freezer.

kiwikid said...

You got heaps done thru the day Lou, as well as your crochet and sewing. It was great to catch up with everyone again. Your baby quilt is really pretty love the fabric you have used.

dq said...

You are getting another baby in September? Wonderful! How many grands do you have?

It was lovely to visit with you yet again with Zoom! I too popped in and out some. I was hungry - dinner time - and should have eaten prior to logging in. I kept zipping out for snacks. When my friend Deb arrived, she brought me dinner. I was too full to eat much by then.

Anyway, it was lovely visiting again. You have reminded me that I only have one week to make up some more masks before going back to school.

Janice said...

A very productive and fun day. These Zoom parties mean we are getting lots of stitching done. Dinner and bread sound yummy.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Lou awesome work ,well done xx

Fiona said...

sounds very productive...
Hugz

Lin said...

So glad you could all join in - Chooky needed cheering up! Bad timing for me and, as it happened, we had storms over SAturday night so my laptop was unplugged, just in case! You managed to get a lot done despite chat and interuptions. xx

Karen S said...

Looks like a lot was achieved in your busy day. Well done with all your masks.

Chookyblue...... said...

Popping in and out still works Lou..... You got lots done on the day.... The masks look good.... Much better to wear something pretty.....

Bethan said...

Looks like a very productive day all in! The bread looks yummy, and I love your masks x