Monday 3 August 2020

Weekend Roundup

As I mentioned in my last post, Chooky had another Zoom party at the weekend.
It was lovely to have 'company' while I sewed.
I listened to the other ladies chatting away and joined in occasionally too! 
I managed to achieve a few small items.
Firstly I used up some of the scraps from my recent Kaffe finish and made them into a bright table runner. I'll need to find something to bind it with. 
There are still plenty of small off cuts left for another project.
I had a tidy up in my scrap drawers and came across these leftovers from a quilt I made a couple of years ago. I made some runners at the time with some of the scraps and decided that another made with squares wouldn't got amiss. 
I like having a choice of runners and being able to change them around regularly.
Tired of waiting for my new lamp tube, I decided I would put together the blocks for I stitch.
I have three blocks worth of stitchery to catch up on.
My tube was delivered today, so catch up can commence. 😀
Janice let me know that the new colour for the RSC is purple, so I fished out a few pieces ready to make a start on my butterflies. I'm in two minds about my secondary RSC project, watch this space.
I also managed to get the last of my coloured crochet squares joined. I have lots of thread ends to tidy and a border to add, then that is another one done.
It wasn't all about needle crafts on Saturday, I also made a loaf of bread and had a beef casserole in the slow cooker.
All in all, I had a great day.
I had hoped to have more time to play on Sunday, but alas life got in the way.
Maybe after work tomorrow I'll be able to make my purple butterflies....
*
I'm going shopping on Wednesday.
For a new project.
Excited.
*
Edited to say
Floki loves his baby sister.


13 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what pretty baby/family photos -such a happy time. Love all the quilt blocks you show

AnnieO said...

Congratulations on your new granddaughter! Adorable photos with big brother. Plenty of time with needle and thread going on in your sewing room, so pretty. Glad your light tube finally arrived. I haven’t had any embroidery out to work on in weeks, need to fix that.

Gail said...

I love that bright table runner! You have been busy working away. Una is adorable but I imagine you are wishing you were there!
Stay healthy and stitch on!

It was nice to see you on Saturday (ok Friday night for me)! It helps to put faces to the names.

Blessed Be!

Jenny said...

Such lovely photos!
I have to stitch purple butterflies forRSC too some time this month.

Fiona said...

Gorgeous new baby and brother photo's... very special.... you have doen well with your scraps, table runners is a great idea... I should do a few.... Yay the tube has arrived at last, you will get your blocks done in no time now.... happy stitching....
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Lovely to see the new arrival and her big brother together. Good too to hear the lamp has finally arrived. Your blocks are beautiful and you have made great progress inn the crochet blanket.

Karen S said...

More lovely baby photos. Just delightful.
Great to see your projects, too. Mustn't forget that after being distracted by baby pics.

Maria said...

Lovely photos of Floki and Una with Mum....
Great bright table runners ... maybe a few Placemats with the scraps...
Crocheted blanket is nice and beautiful stitcheries .
Have fun sewing now you have yourlamp to sew by..

Raedene said...

Beautiful baby girl and her loving, caring mom and brother...so sweet! Great work on the table runners, an idea I know I can use. Lots of scraps here. What is a 'tube'?

Lin said...

Oh what a lovely Floki picture! Your table runners are great especially the Kaffe one! Glad you enjoyed the zoom party - sadly not convenient for me but maybe next time. Pretty blanket and your blocks are looking great - glad to hear you have your new bulb. xx

Karen's Korner said...

Pretty tablerunners in the making. Gorgeous photos of Little Una and her brother. There will be no stopping you now that the new bulb has arrived.

Janice said...

You were very productive in the Zoom party. I’m so pleased you light is up and running again. The photos of Floki Meeting Una are adorable.

dq said...

Look at those beautiful curls on Floki. How sweet that he loves his sister! Congratulations!