Monday 26 October 2020

It's been a busy week.

Do you remember I was telling you about the chocolate cake I had in the oven.
Well here it is, all finished and ready to eat.
Hmm... there seems to be a piece missing. 
A gooey brownie like chocolate cake, with a chocolate topping and coconut sprinkles.
YUM!
So yum in fact there is only one piece left and Tony will take that to work with him this evening.
Time to make a new cake.
*
I worked six days last week. So much for more time to cross stitch and craft!
Never mind, I'm enjoying the work.
And I have still found time to stitch. Snowy St Nick is progressing.
This image was taken when I had finished for the evening on Thursday 22nd October
And on Friday 23rd. Not quite so much time spent stitching on Friday.
No stitchy time on Saturday, but I made up for it on Sunday.
I am really pleased with my progress yesterday.
Hoping to sit down with him again this evening.
I might have had more stitching time yesterday, but we had visitors.
Look who I got to cuddle with. 
And just because I can....
Torstein and Charmaine.
It looks like they wore each other out.
Floki eating a scone his mummy made.
Look at all those curls. I have a picture of me with a hair style just like that!
And would you look at this face, you can almost hear the laughter.
Una is such a happy wee soul.
And one last pic of Torstein on the blanket Nanny made.
I'm told he loves it and always falls asleep under Nannies blanket. 
That's good to know.
*
So that was my weekend, how did yours go?


 

12 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

the cake looks good no wonder it's gone but OMG how exciting to be having cuddles...........

Lin said...

Your little ones are so swwet! And your baking looks delicious - no wonder there is nothing left! Glad that you managed to get some stitching done, it looks good. xx

Jenny said...

Lovely baby cuddles! And such a delicious chocolate cake, no wonder it all disappeared so quickly.

kiwikid said...

Yummy cake, wonderful for you to have cuddles. The photos of your grand children are great. Had #1 son and his partner visiting for the weekend, it was lovely to catch up.

Fiona said...

very special to have the cuddles .....
Hugz

Janice said...

How nice to have cuddles and that even though the others are far away you can still be so connected. Oh, the joys of the Internet. That cake looks sooo good. I’m sure your baking will be well appreciated by grandkids too.

Janice said...

Oh, and you are getting a great start on St Nick despite working each day. I’m glad you are enjoying it.

Flickenstichlerin said...

What beautiful grandchildren, congratulations.

Kate said...

The cake looks very yummy. The kiddos all look so cute. Hope you can get in more stitching time this week.

Bethan said...

That cake looks so yummy! Lots of lovely pictures of your family - glad you managed to get cuddles x

dq said...

I absolutely love all the photos of the grands! That smile (I think it is Una) is addicting! Age must be close to my twins because they look like they are in the same phase.

dq said...

I forgot to mention my thoughts about the chocolate cake and the cross stitch. I don't bake much anymore, but I should because that looks so tasty. I can see why a piece came up missing.

Your hand work is moving along so fast. That is a ton of work!