Monday 12 October 2020

Queenie Took a Bath.

As I predicted on Saturday. Queenie is now finished. What a wonderful feeling. She has taken a while. I started her back in August of 2017. So You'll forgive me if it takes a while to get to the completed image. I had managed to look after her well over the years and I couldn't see any dirty marks on her fabric, but I still opted to give her a bath.
Then I wrapped her up in a fluffy towel.
After a few hours of being wrapped in her towel, it was time to press her.
The best way to do that is to get another nice dry fluffy towel and lay her face down.
I know, poor Queenie.
But laying her face down means that the fluffy towel will protect all those lovely beads I stitched on and the other stitches will remain nice and plump and not get crushed.
Here you are, a closer look at some of those hundreds of beads I had to sew on.
Doesn't she have such a serene look on her face.
Usually I'm unhappy with faces, I never seem to do them justice, but this one is lovely.
And as I showed the bare hems of her skirts last time, here is a peep at it now, with more beads.
And finally the big
TADA!!
Spring Queen, designed by Mirabilia and stitched by Loulee.
Started August 2017 and completed October 2020.
I'm unsure yet how she will be displayed. I do have patterns for her three sisters and at one time thought I might make a quilted wall hanging with them. But if they all take as long as Spring.....
When I know, you'll know.
Meanwhile.
A finish means a start right?
And here he is, my next cross stitch project.
Some of you may feel that you have seen this chap on my blog previously.
And you're correct. I stitched a miniature version of him along with 5 others as Christmas ornaments. You can see them here. I refurbished them in 2017 as I wasn't happy with my original finish. 
This one will be a bit bigger than those ornaments and has a lot more detail!
I didn't make a start yet, instead I got on with the 'other' project I mentioned. It's rather nice to work on after all that fiddling with beads.
*
Belle didn't join me on my armchair the other day, preferring to keep an eye on me from the back of the sofa, only moving when I went into the kitchen to make a cuppa.
It was a cooler day, so I had kept the door closed, to keep the sitting room warm.
I heard a noise as I was filling the kettle and turned around to see this.
She really didn't want to be left alone in the sitting room.
But soon settled back onto the sofa once I was reinstalled back into my sewing chair!!
I have to vacuum that spot on the sofa more often than I do the floor! It gets a good coating of white fluff. 
Well that's my happy news.
Now I'm off to catch up with your blogs, and see what you have all been up to.


 

14 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So nice she maintained her composure whilst in the bath as well. What a beauty and bedecked as it were with so many beads.
Love that Belle didn't want you out of her sight. I was wondering about the pretty afghan behind Tony and seen beside Belle...did you crochet that?

Gail said...

Queenie is gorgeous! I love the Santa. I might have to have a look for his pattern. Cats are funny creatures-says the dog lover!

Mary-Kay said...

Your cross stitch is just beautiful! Makes me want to hurry up and finish one of my Mirabilia stitcheries. One day ......

Jenny said...

Your Queenie was certainly a big undertaking and is looking gorgeous. I'm sure she enjoyed her gentle bath and the fluffy towels.
Poor cat, let me in, she is saying. They certainly want to be close to you, dont they.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

oh how pretty Queening is!!!

kiwikid said...

Queenie looks amazing, well done in the finish. Aaww Belle wanted to be with you.

jude's page said...

What an amazing achievement. As someone who can't hold a needle, I admire what you do.

Lin said...

Congratulations on your finish and yes she does look gorgeous! I love the addition of all those beads. xx

Kate said...

Beautiful finish! I've not done that kind of needle work in years, but it does feel so nice to reach the finish line on one of those very detailed designs. Enjoy the new project.

Maria said...

Queenie looks beautiful and well done on the finish..
Enjoy your next cross stitch project..
Poor Belle she didn't like being on her own..

Flickenstichlerin said...

Congratulations on this beautiful finish. Love your Queenie.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow she looks amazing........well done....

dq said...

Oh goodness! Queenie is so beautiful and so much work! It is always a little scary to me to wash those sorts of things for fear of bleeding threads or something.

Bethan said...

Queenie looks amazing! I never have the guts to wash my cross-stitches when done. Looking forward to seeing your new project x