Saturday 3 October 2020

Friday Night with Friends

It's been a while, but I finally managed to join in with another Friday Night With Friends Sew-along.
I got on with my RSC blocks. This month is yellow.
Hmmm, the lighting here is not very good and the yellow looks rather washed out, but I assure you, I did make three yellow blocks.
I spread them all out on the design floor, to see what they would look like and to get an idea of how big this one will be once I add sashing strips, corner stones and borders. And of course, I need to add bodies. 
It will be a good size for a cot quilt. Maybe for a little girl.....
Perhaps I can get it finished in time to send it for Christmas??
I've enjoyed using up some scraps each month and have started to look about for another fun block to make for next year.
While I had all of the blocks out of the box....
Somebody thought she would try it on for size.
As there was still some of Friday evening left, I got on and put together the October I stitch block and prepared it for stitching this week.
Then I sat and worked a little on a Christmas Ornament.
*
I had hoped to spend some time stitching today. And I did, just not as much time as I would like.
But I did manage to squeeze in enough time to make up my alternate RSC block.
And I put it together with it's friends.
And noticed for the first time, that I had laid out the blue one differently to the other colours....
It can stay that way.
This one will go to sleep now until January, when the RSC starts up again, I'll make more blocks for it next year.
*
And as promised, I have put together the first two rows of I stitch.
I'm very pleased with it so far.
As I said previously, I have taken off the border pieces, it was just a bit too scrappy.
I'm thinking it will still be a scrappy border, just larger pieces.
The September block is all stitched and awaiting the company of the October block.

Which is as I mentioned, all ready to go. 
*
Well, gotta go, we're off out with friends this evening. 
curry night
 

12 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

A very productive FNwF. Pretty RSC blocks. I did have plans to join in again with RSC this year but failed to do so. Always next year to look forward to. You are already off to a good start.

Maria said...

You worked on a lot of different projects for FnwFs..
The butterflies will make a very cute girly quilt.
I think the box is a little small for your kitty.
Enjoy your curry night.

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely blocks and I really like your embroidery blocks....

kiwikid said...

Lots of beautiful blocks at your place, I love how a cat always find and sits in an empty box.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Love your I stitch set up, lovely layout on the x quilt top

Jenny said...

Such a clever cat, squeezing herself into your box! Your embroidered quilt is coming along well and looks so pretty.

Raewyn said...

HI Lou, time for me to have a catch up read :-) Congratulations on the arrival of grandchild#5. So pleased you can cuddle this one ♥ Your I-stitch is looking great, I love your pretty colourway. And well done too on your scrap blocks - good on you keeping up; they will make a lovely quilt.

Ondrea said...

The crosses quilt is looking lovely laid out. What do you mean by adding bodies? I am scratching my head lol. Love your 4 blocks and the blue one can be your humility block as the Amish do. Lol the cat in the box. I had a cat who tried to get in a tissue box! He made it fit lol.

Ondrea said...

Me again...forgot to say I love your BOM pieced together. I am still pondering the squares with hexies for the border and may delete them. Not sure yet.

dq said...

Hello Lou. That embroidered quilt is to die for. I love it so so so much! It has a very "at home" feeling of warmth to it.

I love the little square inside a square block. REally really really love them! Don't worry about the blue one. I don't think it will jump out in the quilt.

Cheryll said...

WoW... you were busy at FNwF... & I love all the blocks.
Your helper in a box is a cutie too...
Thanks for stopping by...xox

Janice said...

Your butterfly quilt will be so sweet and I do love your Gail Pan project. The Fig Tree fabrics are perfect for it.