Tuesday 8 June 2021

Not One.....

...But two new books.
So last week I admitted that I had allowed the squirrel to take me shopping.
The website said order now for delivery in 3 - 6 weeks.
My new book arrived two days later!
I sat down and read it cover to cover on Saturday, between my shifts.
Then had a snooze before going back to work. LOL
I'm very excited to have a go at a Lucy quilt and have just ordered a few more essentials.
My second new book, is new to me, but previously loved.
We have a new resident at work who is delighted to discover that many of the staff are 'crafty' and especially so to discover that I like to do hand work. When she returned to her home with her daughter to sort things out and prepare the house for sale, she tried to give me mountains of stuff. It didn't feel right taking the mountain, but I did accept this book.
It makes very interesting reading too, I made a start on it on Sunday, between my shifts, reading the first chapter before falling asleep with it still open in my lap.
Tony marked my page and put it away for me. LOL
*
As well as some reading I did make time to pick up a needle and finally completed Aprils Christmas Ornament. Yay!
Then got right on and started on May!
So although I was productive, I'm sorry but I'm not going to share just yet. 
I'll probably work some more on my ornament before work today.
Then I have two days off! I might venture into my room and see what calls the loudest. 
I have a few items that need quilting and more than a few things lying in boxes awaiting their turn.

 

5 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, such a fun post! Those two books look fabulous. Love the look of the Lucy Boston one. Just visiting your lovely place from across the ditch, at the bottom of the world.

Lin said...

Two lovely books to enjoy. Have fun. xx

Jenny said...

Two of my Sew Wot group have been busy hand stitching their version of Lucy Boston Crosses, I'm sure you will enjoy doing your one, or maybe two! How kind of your rest home lady to think of you with some of her treasures, knowing how crafty you are.

Janice said...

Have fun with Lucy. I know that Chooky and quite a few of the other girls are really enjoying it- as a long term project, rather than a quick finish. Fussy cutting makes some beautiful blocks. Your other book looks very interesting too. I hope you have fun in your room on the weekend. Is it a long weekend over there too?

Chookyblue...... said...

yeh another Lucy lover......I see Janice's comment and I am sure you will not be as long term....hell you are probably 1/2 done already.......lol......