Saturday 1 October 2022

A Lucy Boston Blue Update.

I last did an update on my Lucy quilt top a couple of weeks ago, on 11th September. There is a date that will live in infamy for a loooong time, so much in our world changed on that day.
And here she is today. I thought rather than clambering about pegging or pinning her over the top of the quilt in my hallway, I would spread her out on top of our bed.
Please do excuse the mess, I have way more interesting things to do than housework!
Though you can't see it in the above photo, I have turned another corner. I took a corner photo last time, but it wasn't quite complete.
This is how a finished corner should look. This was done in the same way that Lucy Boston made her corners. As you can also see I have used the same filler shapes that Lucy used along the edges of the border blocks, so a nice straight edge to work to. I still did not decide if I will stop here as Lucy did, or if I will add a border or two, just to make it a little bigger.
And while I was photographing the edges, this block caught my eye.
Unlike some, I didn't do much in the way of fussy cutting, but I think I got this one just right.
*
It's been a strange week, my poor Tony was made redundant again and has been home with me all week. It's been difficult to settle to anything, I've done no sewing and almost no study.
I did submit two completed papers and their completed observations, half of which is back and marked as complete and achieved.
Tony is spending a lot of time on the job search websites and talking to employment agencies. More news when we have it. Meanwhile my days are somewhat disrupted.
We have also spent some time in the garden , a little late this year, getting things cleaned up and planted.
I'm off work next week as I have been summoned for jury service again.
I hope I'm not selected and maybe, just maybe I'll get some sewing done.
*
Oh yes!
A lot of my spare time has been spent on Pinterest.
I'm being bombarded with ideas for crochet temperature blankets.
Hmmmmm
Maybe.....
*
*
*

 

20 comments:

kiwikid said...

Your Lucy looks fantastic Lou and the corner looks great. Sorry to hear about Tony, I hope he can find something else.

Jeanette said...

Lucy looks lovely on your bed. I hope Tony finds work soon.

Jennifer said...

Fingers crossed that Tony finds something soon. Well done on Lucy!

Lianne makes stuff said...

your Lucy Boston quilt is stunning, I hope Tony gets work soon, if it is like here there are jobs everywhere

Ondrea said...

So sorry that hubby is out of work again. It must be a very stressful time for you both. Loooove your Lucy. I wish I had thought to finish my edges that way instead of needleturning to a border and not knowing how to stitch the top and bottom borders to the side borders. It is still unfinished. Love your blue and white combo so much.

jude's page said...

Your Lucy looks amazing, well done, and all the best to Tony as he searches for another job

Janice said...

Lucy is looking so good and the corners look quite detailed. Blast, blast, blast! I do hope Tony finds something soon.

Raewyn said...

I'm sorry to hear bout Tony's redundancy and hope a job happens along soon. Your Lucy is looking SOOOOO good - so beautiful. The blue and white fabric combinations is so effective. I wonder how you got on with jury duty?

Annelein said...

Love, love, love your Lucy. She is such a beauty!

Diane-crewe said...

Looking at your lovely top not the room x So sorry to hear about the job … I am sure there will be something out there for him x Worrying though x

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

That fussy cut block is perfection! What pretty colours for your beautiful project. So sorry to hear about your Tony and hope he has much success very soon with finding another position. There seems to be lots of vacancies around here.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Lou, I can't believe you have already a finished Lucy top, if you stop at this point. Amazing, did you start this year in Spring?
Keeping my fingers crossed, Tony will get a new job.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Karen S said...

Your quilt top is looking so good. It has been fascinating to watch it grow. Lovely work.
And good luck to Tony, too.

Radka said...

Housework - what is that? There are so many more interesting things to do ;-)
Blue and white is looking good!

Lynda said...

So sorry to read Tony's news - I hope he finds something he likes very soon. Lucy is beautiful and looks so lovely on your bed.

Denice Barker said...

Well. It's a good thing I don't live closer to you because that Lucy quilt wouldn't be on YOUR bed for long! Fingers crossed for Tony.

Jenny said...

That is such sad news for Tony, eing made redundant again must be a big blow for him.
Robin was made redundant after working for 30 plus years at Post Office Headquarters in Wellington and eventually found work as a bus driver! I do hope something comes through for Tony shortly.

Janet O. said...

Very fun to see how far you have come with Lucy! I do believe you were working on her the very first time I joined in on one of Chooky's Zoom gatherings. It is very impressive to see her spread upon the bed like that. I enlarged the photo of your fussy-cut block to have a closer look. It is a beauty!

Chookyblue...... said...

She's looking great....the end is in sight.......goodluck Tony......

dq said...

Lucy looks fantastic! Of course I do love blue too!