Tuesday 2 January 2024

January Goals.

 I think this year I may give the monthly goals thing a try. I'm not sure how that will go, but I won't know if I don't try.
 My first goal will be the Chookshed challenge.
Deana has drawn the first number, it's number 6.
I had a quick look at my list and  found that I was to spend some time this month cutting fabrics for a new start.
You may recognise this pattern, I have completed it once before back in 2021 and gifted it to my daughter in law. I plan to do it again in beautiful Autumnal colours. 
The hope is that it will look like swirling autumn leaves.
Instead of sea swept it will be wind swept. 
The first part of the cutting instructions is for the back ground fabric so I'll try to get the back ground cutting completed by the end of the month.  I might even begin cutting the pretty batiks I'll see where else the month takes me.
*
In other news I have quietly told myself that I'll be doing the 15 mins a day challenge this year. I might use that to focus on my EPP. So far I have a 100% record. LOL
I like the idea of the RSC Kiwi birds. I see that this months colour is greens. I have a few of those. LOL
*
So my January goals are....

1) Cut fabric for Wind swept.

2) Work 15 mins a day on my EPP

3) And create two green kiwi.

4) Stitch at least one Christmas ornament. 

Wish me luck. 

13 comments:

dq said...

You are off to a great start!!

Doing a new project is great because it will be fun, so will the Kiwi birds.

Jeanette said...

The fabrics for windswept are gorgeous. Look forward to seeing your kiwi birds. This month for rsc is green. :)

Rose Marie said...

Those batik fabrics are gorgeous and will make a striking quilt.

Ondrea said...

That quilt is going to look awesome in those colours. Your goal setting is off to a good start.

Janice said...

Good on you for taking on monthly goals and 15 minutes. EPP is perfect. I love the fabrics for Wind Swept. It will be gorgeous. Where did you see that the RSC colour is blue? I thought it is green, going on her latest post. You may be looking at last year’s notes.

dq said...

You are good with naming your projects. Sea Swept to Wind Swept is brilliant!

Lin said...

Lovely fabrics for your 'new start' but will you be able to stop at cutting the background! xx

Jennifer said...

Good luck.....love those batik fabrics!

Jenny said...

We are still on our Christmas/New Year ho,today trip, so I'm looking forward to getting back to my sewing room next week. RSC kiwis sounds a wonderful monthly project.

Lianne makes stuff said...

I like your new quilt, I haven't used batiks in more that just one or two blocks, I'm planning on bow tie blocks for the RSC and 30 minutes sewing a day so far 100% too

Susan said...

Good plans - love the idea of the kiwi block for RSC!

cityquilter grace said...

oh my those autumn colors are stunning...anxious to see more of this...

Chookyblue...... said...

thats a solid list but I am sure you will get plenty done.........and I can't wait to see sea swept in those colours......