Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Septembers Offerings...

 Back at the start of the month, I posted my goals over there on the right side of my blog page.

I set off with a hiss and a roar, having great success early in the month, then I hit a snag and one or two squirrels. Let's have a look at how things went.

1) Progress the Christmas Ornaments.

I'm happy to report that this year's secret ornaments are all completed. They are ready to be gifted and swapped when the time comes.

🪡🪡

2) Try a new recipe and share if it's good.

We made Creamy peppercorn chicken. And it was very good. I've made it again twice since.

You can find the recipe here. 


3) Progress Down in the Garden.

Yes, progress was made. I completed the stitchery.

However, when I went in search of border fabrics, they are nowhere to be found, so some shopping took place.  Hopefully I'll get back to this one very soon. 

🪡🪡

4) Progress Lest we forget. The Poppy quilt.

No progress was made on this piece. 

🪡🪡

5) Complete the memory quilt.

Sadly, that didn't happen either. There were issues with my quilting machine, and I have spent a lot of time unquilting the few rows I did manage to complete.

So that's my goals dealt with. Not a great month so far.

∘◦❀◦∘

And now, those squirrels.

Early in the month I was asked if I could rescue a crochet blanket.


Some of the granny squares were coming unravelled and they were also coming apart at the joins. It took me a while to figure out the best way to repair the squares, then it was a simple matter to inspect and take care of the joining seams. I was also tasked with adding a border. I just did a simple shell edging. 

🪡🪡

Following my completion of the hand work on Down in the Garden, I pulled out a cross stitch piece I had started late in 2024 and for some reason laid aside early in 2025.
Winter Fairy or 'Gus the Puss' looked like this when I first pulled it out.
Grrr, blogger really doesn't like the aida, but you can see the puss.
I have made good progress with this one on days off and even in the evenings after work. It now looks like this.
A bit of research tells me that the image problem is because blogger makes a few changes so they will fit on the page. If I ask for my images to display at original size, they are perfect, but way too big. So, if you wish to see them without all the weird squiggles, a quick click will show you my original. 

🪡🪡

Looking for something to take to patchwork and needle craft club I pulled out a cross stitch that went to the Isle of Man with me.
This lovely bowl of strawberries is now complete and awaiting some finishing treatments. I think I know what I want to do, but we'll see if that actually happens. LOL

🪡🪡

So now I needed another easy to take hand work project. I found two! Well, I found a lot more than two, but two were kitted ready to go. LOL

The thistles have been going to work with me, and I've even managed to get in 10 minutes each lunch break. I'm very happy with their progress.

🪡🪡

 I also kitted up a penguin.

         

I've made a start on him in the mornings, before work, again just 10-15 minutes.


Not quite so much progress, but that's ok, I'm not in a hurry.

🪡🪡

And finally, in my efforts to work out what was wrong with my quilting machine I pulled out a scrappy quilt to work on.
(I'm none the wiser, but it appears to be behaving ok now...)
I quilted a scrappy top.
I spy in the clouds? I spy in the sky? You tell me what it's called...
It has no binding yet, maybe that should be a goal for next month.

🪡🪡

Today is the very last day of the month. I plan to do some more stitching. LOL 
I'm off to investigate the local embroiderers guild this morning. I know a few of the members and I have been encouraged to join. They meet on Monday evenings and Wednesday mornings. We'll see how it goes. I'll be taking the penguin along today, but I'm hoping to be inspired and encouraged to challenge myself. Watch this space.
This afternoon I might just get some quilting done!
I hope your September was better than mine. 

🪡🪡🪡🪡

No comments: