Sunday, 4 October 2026

Threads of Our Time Quilt Exhibition.

 Quilt Symposium New Zealand is currently being held in Christchurch. Tony and I took the 2 hour drive North from Timaru on Friday. We had a look around, did some me stuff and some him stuff, it was fun. I had discovered a new stitchy shop, brand new only just opened and was determined to pay a visit. Angelic Needle Crafts is a cute wee store, as I said only just opened, so not yet bursting with stock, but still, plenty of eye candy. When we arrived, the owner was sat outside in the sunshine doing her stitching. She apologised for the mess!? Turns out there had been a burst pipe in the neighbouring property and water had also gotten into the shop. Oh no! Luckily all of the stock was ok, nothing had been in harm's way, but there was a huge dehumidifier sat in the store making a lot of noise. I felt so sorry for her, this is her opening week, symposium is on and the neighbours had burst a pipe!  


I did make a couple of purchases, some needles, the hoop and the Pears pattern in this photo. The rest you will learn about later. LOL

On Friday we also visited two shops for Tony, he was also quite restrained in his purchasing! And I walked out of spotlight with empty hands.

∘◦❀◦∘

After an overnight hotel stay, we headed to Symposium.

The merchants mall was all set up in the school gym and they were packed in. I visited the Sew it stand as I knew they would have superior threads.  You don't need a photo of those do you? There were three large spools. 

Next stop was the Handi-Quilter stand, I had a play with a Moxie and we had a good long chat with the representative. We need to reach a milestone on our mortgage before I can get my hopes up on that purchase.

By the time we had a good look around in the gym, the exhibition was open. I won't bore you with every single photo I took, but here are the highlights and their info.
























That is just a few of the quilts on display. I thoroughly enjoyed having a look around. 

∘◦❀◦∘

After a visit to the Air force museum at Wigram, we headed in the direction of home, with a stop at Annie's of course. Where I purchased the other pattern, some more needles and another pot of thread conditioner, all in the previous photo. 

All in all, I had a lovely weekend. Even with Tony along! 😂 We both managed to enjoy ourselves, and I was actually rather pleased with how restrained I was on the spending front. There was definitely temptation, but apparently, I do possess some willpower after all!

∘◦❀◦∘

Now it's back to reality and back to work tomorrow. Although I'm sure I'll find something stitchy to keep me occupied in my lunch break and hopefully when I get home. 😉


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Such a shame for the brand new shop to have that happen, especially at Symposium time with so many ladies out and about.

Jennifer said...

Oh, I feel for that poor shop! What a lovely weekend, a change from your usual weekend routine.