Friday 23 January 2009

Yay!

My roof is fixed, but there was more rain last night.
I don't think I'll be using this light until after it's been checked out by an electrician. There was water dripping off it this morning.
That's the corner of DD Kay's room up there at the top, it got worse with a second soaking, as did the bathroom.
I was amazed when I got home from work today to find that the roof was fixed. It's still very very windy and I honestly believed that no one would go up there today. I popped my head up through the skylight to see if any more damage had been done and got a wonderful surprise. 4 new ridge tiles. I just hope they settle nicely, too much rain will wash the new mortar away, and while the forecast is for improvements it's still not that promising.
I hope you all are safe, warm and dry.
Gratitude's
1) Brave builders.
2) Speedy work.
3) I looked up before I pulled the cord.

7 comments:

Jane Hards Photography said...

We have missing slates from the weekend. It was better than I was expecting. So the roof didn't fall in then.

Jane said...

So good to get it fixed so quickly

Janice said...

You must be relieved your roof is now fixed. Hopefully all will dry out quickly and you can concentrate on better things - like stitching:)

quiltygal said...

Glad you are all dry again ....... Love what you are doing with the red delicious......have a good stitchy weekend

Lurline said...

Hope you stay dry!
Hugs - Lurline♥

black bear cabin said...

so glad it was fixed in a jiffy! water damage is a nightmare! now you can relax again :)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Oh how unfortunate to have all that wet...hope it all gets sorted soon.