Tuesday 23 June 2009

When you're only short.......

If you're anything like me your foot struggles to reach the pedal on your sewing machine. I've been on the lookout for a while for something, anything that would mean I didn't have to sit right on the edge of my seat. This is a riser, an aide we used to use at work, but is now defunct, we are no longer allowed to use it.
When I spied it on the way to the bin I claimed it, the boss man looked at me like I was mad when I said what I wanted it for, but hey, it was going to the bin so why not? This little rise makes my life so much easier. :-)
*
There has to be a pretty picture too. I just completed this little wall hanging for one of my nieces, the stitched area is a Pat Sloan freebie which I linked to previously. (Last week I think)
I did the stitches in two variegated threads and I even dated it, well Pat had dated her design!
That's it for these little pretties for a while. Though I do still have to make up the needle case with the Cinderberry freebie design. (Link in last post) I have promised to make up some more shopping bags for a colleague, she has an old cross stitched birthday card which she would like me to incorporate somewhere, she did suggest on a pocket. I also want to get on with my denim quilt and French Roses has a go at making me feel guilty now and again.
*
Did I mention that my first issue of my subscription to Australian Patchwork and Quilting has arrived, I love it, I've read it about six times! I got back on to the supplier and asked her if she would be good enough to add Homespun to my subscription too, which she has done. Neither one has a time limit, I can quit or swap to a different magazine when ever I like. Cool. Lots and lots of new inspiration.
*
Work is a mess of early shifts all week so I'll be back when I can. Take care.
*
Gratitude's
1) The temp and humidity have dropped. Today was a melter.
2) Chinese take away for tea, it was too hot to cook.
3) Reusable rubbish!

5 comments:

Jane said...

You're nieces are going to be so pleased with what you have done for them.

AnnieO said...

I have the opposite problem--I am tall and have manually tried to remove my kneecap easily 1000 times getting up from the tiny old metal desk that I have my sewing on--it used to belong to DH when he was a kid! I think I have permanent bruises.

Your recent needlework looks just great--you should be very satisfied with yourself.

Keep Cool!

Janice said...

You've been busy. The projects look great. I know exactly where you are coming from with your foot rest. I have the same problem with height (or lack thereof).

Janice said...

Also, you will love Homemade. It is my favourite magazine. I also like AP&Q.

Karen said...

You did a wonderful job on the Pat Sloan freebie. I have that pattern and just the other day was thinking about it. Something else I can't wait to make! :)