Saturday 12 December 2020

Today was the day....

That the trees went up.
As you may remember my DS Joe has his birthday on 10th December, so the trees and decorations always wait until on or after that date. 
Today was the day and this year there have been some upgrades.
We purchased this white tree almost a year ago, in the post Christmas sale.
It's perfect for all my blue, silver and white ornaments.
Of course it wouldn't be my tree without a Three legs of Man.
I love NZ, but will forever be a Manx girl.
The blue tree is residing in the entrance hall to our home, where an Angelic Host also welcomes you, with musical accompaniment.
Yes, the polar bear really does play the saxophone!
Belles wee spot also got decorated.
More Angels and Santa.
Even Kaffe got the treatment. 
I did think about swapping him out, but  just couldn't decide what to replace him with, so he stayed.
The sitting room tree is also a newbie and taller than Tony. He had to fetch a stool so he could secure Mums fairy. 
It's rather top heavy and I had to use a piece of tinsel to hold it up!
It's tied to one of the surround sound speakers! LOL
And still manages to look drunk.
And in my dining room, with the exception of four golden bells and that big star, all of the ornaments on this tree are hand made. Some by me, some by you.
Even the cuckoo got into the spirit of things.
There is a lot more, but I won't bore you.
Time now to sit and put the final touches on a not so secret project.
This rather Nordic looking ornament is for my Secret Santa gift at work. 
Merry Christmas Everyone.
I think we deserve a very good one this year, given all that 2020 has thrown at us.
I hope those still enduring lockdowns and distancing measures are able to find new ways to connect with loved ones and make great new memories.







 

9 comments:

Maria said...

Your home is very festive looking . I'm sure Tony and you had fun...

Fiona said...

your home is looking very festive
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Wonderful decorations, everyone included!

Jenny said...

It's always nice to get the Christmas quilts and decorations out and arranged, just so.

Ondrea said...

Your secret project is looking good. Three trees! All lovely but I particularly like the blue, white and silver theme. Some beautiful Christmas decos.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Wow, what beautiful Christmas trees and decorations.

Janice said...

Everything is looking very festive. The white tree is perfect for showcasing the blue ornaments. I think I remember you working on one of your Santa cross stitches just before you moved to NZ.

jude's page said...

Wow, amazing, three trees beautifully decorated! No tree in this house this year, only me here and going to DD2 who has a tree.

Lin said...

Your trees are all looking great and your other additions look pretty too especially the clock! xx