Sunday 27 December 2020

It's all over...

Just like that it's all over and we're in that strange twixmas time, where it's not Christmas any more, but it's not new year either.
I had offered to work an early shift on Christmas day so Tony and I exchanged a gift at bed time on Christmas Eve when I got to unwrap this lovely calendar.
The photo fabric printables came the next day. LOL
Then in the morning before heading off to work, I got to open this one.
I had seen this book in the local sewing shop a few weeks ago and asked permission to send a photo of it to Santa. 
The shop assistant laughed and asked if it would be an effective hint. LOL
That's a yes.
After work, which was fun, we got on with unwrapping the rest of our gifts.
Back in October I had photocopied the front cover of the pattern you see here and also the fabric requirements. I left it on Tony's desk with a note asking him to ensure that Santa knew I would like to unwrap a fabric bundle on Christmas day.
The shop he went to for help did pretty good. LOL
He also found me another book.
And it's not Christmas without chocolate.
And look at what my pal Janice made for me.
Not one but two beautifully covered hangers and a pomander.
Funnily enough I almost made the same thing for her! LOL
I changed my mind at the last minute when I came across a great wee cross stitch pattern. More about that another time. 
I also caught up with Claire and we exchanged ornaments.
Love this wire creation with beautiful blue beads.
After all the hustle and bustle and rushing around it was nice to relax yesterday with a day off.
I had planned to sew or stitch, but found myself reading a book instead.
Today has been a little busier as I got some chores done.
I've had a look at the poppy quilt pattern and there are one or two more items I'll need before I can make a start so a trip to the Sewing centre is a must some time soon.
I also had a look at the fairy quilt kit the other day.
Oh Dear! All is not as it seems.
There were some fabric substitutions, which is ok, these things happen.
But many of the fabrics were cut too small, one piece seemed to be missing entirely!
After some mental arithmetic I realised I could fudge it and make it work if I swapped things around a bit, used that there, this here and bought something else for the binding.... You know how it goes?
Then as I read through the pattern, the very back page was a note from the store explaining about all the changes made to the fabrics, what to use where and how to cut it. I'm not convinced. 
Oh and when they printed the foundation papers for the stars.... They didn't check the printer settings/scale.
 They are the wrong size!
Tony assures me he can fix that, with a bit of fiddling on our printer.
Well I have one or two more chores to do, then the rest of the day is mine.
I'm not sure yet what I'll do, but hopefully it will be something relaxing. 
*
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and that Santa was good you.


 

11 comments:

Jenny said...

You did very well with your quilty Christmas gifts! Merry Christmas to you both.

ButterZ said...

Have fun using the great gift.

kiwikid said...

Santa was very cooperative for you this year. I hope you are able to work out the pattern and fabric challenge.

Janice said...

That was good of you to work a shift on Christmas Day. Your gifts are rather lovely. I'm sure you will have fun with the Poppies quilt. It is a bit of a disappointment about the Fairy Quilt kit. I hope you can work it all out.

Lin said...

Lovely gifts Lou - I especially like the look of the poppy fabrics. xx

Janice said...

Good on you for taking on the early shift on Christmas Day. I think you will have fun making the poppy quilt. It is unfortunate about the fairy quilt kit. I do hope you can make it work.

Maria said...

Sew good Santa got the message and delivered the right kit......

Chookyblue...... said...

I think "santa" did well.......you got a great haul.......

Karen S said...

Looks like a lovely Christmas with plenty to do in the future.

Ondrea said...

Santa certainly did very well. Looking forward to seeing your project in progress.

Radka said...

Didn't he do well! :-)
xx