Sunday 20 December 2020

Shhh, Tony is asleep.

Tony has a night shift tonight, so I must be quiet and let him snooze. A good time to catch up with my blog then sit and stitch methinks.
I have two kitchen makes to show this week. Tony's work are having  staff BBQs  today, they each draw a ticket from the hat to see who brings what. Tony's ticket says dessert, so I made him a lemon cheese cake. 
Tony wisely suggested I leave it in the tin for transportation purposes. 
He promises to not lose the tin and to bring it home again.
The second creation this week is a return to a new favourite.
Smallsort slice.
A yummy no bake slice we discovered while we were visiting with Janice and Mick last year. Quick and easy to make and as the name suggests, stuffed with liquorice allsorts.
Other creations have been a little thin on the ground, we have been busy with the garden, but I can show you a delightful little ornament gifted to me by Debbie.
We exchanged our secret ornaments a few days ago and Debbie had made these cute wee gingerbread houses.
Such a cute wee house.
Look, there is a Christmas tree on the back.
When I first met Debbie she was very unsure about stitching and embroidery, she has come a long way.
Sticking with the Christmas ornament theme, the tiny amount of sewing I have done has been to start another ornament.
I've had this kit for a little while now and finally got around to opening it and making a start the other day.
The designs are not really to my taste, so I'm not sure why I purchased it but it is keeping me occupied. 
I also have two more new ornaments on one of my trees, thank you to Janice and Maria.
Pictures another day, I'm off to stitch for a while.




 

4 comments:

kiwikid said...

Your cheesecake and slice look wonderful, the little ginger bread house is lovely too, very nicely made. Your little owl is cute, I think we all find things in the craft room we liked once and maybe not so much now. Hope Tony had a good rest.

Maria said...

Oh I remember years of night shift and having two little ones. Being quiet was challenging sometimes...
Yummy cheese and slice.
Cute gingerbread house ornament and I’m sure the wee cross stitch will be sweet when done....

Janice said...

Yummy dessert and slice. Your new cross stitch ornament will be lovely when you have finished it and Deb's little house is super cute.

Lin said...

Your cheesecake looks delicious! I am not a fan of liquorice but I bet that slice is yum if you do like it. The gingerbread house is cute as are your little hearts. xx