Monday 24 May 2021

Have you had your Vaccine yet?

Have you had your COVID vaccine yet?
I've had the two part Pfizer vaccine.
Part one was OK, gave me a doozy of a head ache, but ok really.
Part two wiped me out!!
We were warned that part two could be worse and we may feel 'a little unwell tomorrow'.
Understatement!
It wiped me out for the better part of three days.
The information website gave a whole bunch of side effects, most of which I had.
It also said they should only last 24 - 48 hours. 
Today is day 7 and I still have pain in my arm, not at the injection site, but in my elbow joint. It's not as bad as last Wednesday, when all of the joints in both of my arms and hands were sore. I couldn't hold a crochet hook never mind a needle, I could barely hold a cup of tea.
My head ached, my whole body ached, I had the shivers,
And sleep!! Boy did I sleep.
I have since been told that only about 1/1000 people have a reaction as bad as mine, but please if you didn't have your vaccine yet, be prepared. make sure you have Panadol or similar in your house. Drink plenty of water, you will be thirsty and have some aches and pains. The 24 - 48 hours bit is nonsense, two of my clients who were injected on the same day as me showed symptoms 5 days later. 
I don't want to put any one off having the vaccine, so please, please don't let my experience stop you from having it, but be prepared to be off colour for a day, maybe more. Look after your self. 
All of that said, I did manage to work some short shifts and have just completed my double shift weekend. So I'm tired, but all better now.
*
I did no crafting of any kind last week, until Friday. By Friday I was well enough to put together the block 4 parts for my Summer Berries project.
And also spent some time cutting up the last of the 2.5 inch squares for the remaining blocks.
Guess where I'll be today.
*
Tomorrow Debbie and I are off to visit Cathy at the Quilting Shed.
I'll need to plan a bit of a shopping list.....

 

7 comments:

Flickenstichlerin said...

Sorry you had such a bad reaction to the vacine, but good to hear that you felt good enough to sew again on Friday.

kiwikid said...

Great blocks. Had the vaccine last Tuesday, was so tired for a few days and have an upset digestive system, hopefully the next jab will be better.

Chookyblue...... said...

Must say I'm not looking forward to the needles. I've had my flu needle..... Can't get pfizer out here yet so can't get it anyway...... Not driving to syd to get one......
Glad your feeling better.....

Lin said...

Ha! Well yes, I had heard that the second jab is worse than the first. I had no problems with number 1 - number 2 i though is next week! Sorry that you had such a bad time of it. My husband had Moderna with no side effects at all.
Your blocks are looking good. xx

Janice said...

Wow! You did cop it. I don’t think Mum had any side affects. We are due for our first Astra Zeneca shot in the middle of June, with the second scheduled for mid September. We had our flu shots a few weeks ago and for the first time ever felt a bit off colour afterwards. I hope we don’t suffer too badly, but scheduled them for a day when we don’t have to go to work on the following day, just in case. I’m glad you are feeling better now. Enjoy your day out.

Ondrea said...

So sorry to hear that you reacted so badly. Hope you are much improved now.

Maria said...

Oh you did have a bad reaction Lou. I’ve had my first jab of Astra Zeneca and had a bit of a fever 🤒 and cold symptoms for a day or two.
Pleased you were feeling better and got some sewing done.