Friday 14 May 2021

Bite sized pieces

 Well, it would seem that my Mojo is still with me. I have to say, it's good to have it back.
On Monday I showed you a lovely kit called Summer Berries, by Marg Low.
I had just pressed all the fabrics, and was ready to begin cutting.
On Tuesday I got all of light fabrics cut and on Wednesday I did the reds then left all of the pretty squares nestled in boxes. 
On, Thursday I made a start on the piecing and left them all ready to sew the second seam.
Today I completed the blocks.
Summer Berries, Part one is complete.
I have no work to go to today and could continue, but in an effort to get caught up on my Christmas ornaments, I've been working in bite size pieces and stopping each day at a convenient point in order to make time to pick up my ornament project.
So far it's working. A little time this afternoon should see the March instalment complete, and I may even make a start on April!!
By the end of June, I might be caught up. LOL
*
I have a couple of acquisitions to show off.
As you may recall, Tony is a fine scale modeller and a bit of a history buff. 
He has a particular passion for Spitfires.
The WW2 British fighter planes. So when I saw this pattern for sale, I had to have it.
He has seen the pattern and knows that I might get to it, one of these years. LOL
He hasn't seen this one though.
I went to the sewing centre the other day to get more supplies for my ornaments and this sleepy chap was watching me as I joined the socially distant queue.
I couldn't resist, he seemed to be saying "Take Me Home".
*
Time to swap seats and get on with my ornament.

8 comments:

Lin said...

Hello Lou. You have made good progress with you Summer Berries. Two nice patterns there to look forward to. xx

kiwikid said...

Summer Berries looks wonderful and you are making great progress. The kids look great too.

Ondrea said...

The berry quilt is looking lovely. Some interesting patterns there. I particularly love that cat.

Maria said...

Popping over from Kiwikid...
WOW you have made a great start on Summer Berries and a good idea to also spend time on your Christmas Ornament...
Cute cross stitch but the plane would make a great gift for your hubby....

Janice said...

I’m glad your sewjo is hanging around. Tony will love the spitfire cross stitch. I love the cat one, but I reckon your eyes will go balmy with all that black.

Chookyblue...... said...

So pleased the mojo has returned..... Lovely fabrics.....

Karen S said...

Summer berries looks like a lovely project. The fabrics are gorgeous.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Lou, very pretty blocks. Always nice to see different reds. Love your cat.