Monday 31 May 2021

Zooming Along.

I joined in with Chookys Zoom along yesterday. Most of the ladies were busy with hand sewing, but I opted to get on and finish my Summer berries blocks. Then as there isn't enough space to spread them out on the floor, I got on with tracing some of my Gail Pan blocks. I have done very little to them since January. So I now have four the monthly blocks traced and ready to stitch.
And then it was lunch time.
It was good to join in again and listen to everyone chat while we all sewed along.  There were some new faces too and it was nice to meet them. 
Thank you Chooky for hosting another fun get together.
*
So where is Summer Berries up to now?
All the blocks are currently sitting awaiting their turn on the design floor.
Here they are....
Block one x 16
Block two x 16
Block three x 16
And block four x 16.
Once I am done here I plan to spread them out on the bedroom floor and begin the switch about game.
Hopefully I'll have a completed top before I go in to work at 3pm.
*
In case you are wondering, yes I enjoyed my day out with Debbie last week. We visited Cathy at the quilting shed. I did buy a big piece of fabric, but I just can't get the right picture. I also bought quilting thread for the Jelly Roll Race I recently finished.
Debbie was very good, she asked Cathy's advice about something, but didn't spend any money!!
Now she wants to go back, soon, and buy a fabric she saw. LOL
We also visited a place called Wisteria Cottage, I'm sure I have mentioned it before.
I found this gorgeous cross stitch pattern. 
And Debbie who has recently joined the local Embroiderers guild purchased a kit for a cute wee humbug. 
For a woman who cringed when I said to her 'just add the details with a little stitchery', she is really getting into hand stitching and has started to collect some Sue Spargo projects too. 
*
Right I'm off to play on the floor with my berries blocks.
Hopefully the cat will stay asleep in her spot and not notice.

 

6 comments:

Janice said...

It was good fun catching up with everyone yesterday. You were very industrious compared to some of us. The quilt is looking terrific. Such a sweet cross stitch that you found. Perfect for stitching away on a cold winter’s day.

Lin said...

Glad you had a good time with Chooky - sad I could not join in but there was a BIG football match here! Fortunately the right team won so celebrations followed.
Your Berries blocks are looking gorgeous. xx

kiwikid said...

Your Berry blocks are looking wonderful.

Annelein said...

It was certainly lovely to meet you all. Now I have to figger out which off all the great ladies is you... ;). It is amazing we can meet from all over the world. Love to hear everybody talk like it was a bee in person. I am always a bit quite but enjoyd every minute.

Your blocks are looking great. Red is a favourite colour of mine. Enjoy working on this project...

Chookyblue...... said...

Was wonderful to catch up...... Loving the summer berries blocks......

AnnieO said...

Glad your time with needle and thread and fabric has stayed with you! Lots of pretty fabrics in your blocks. Enjoy your stitching time.