Monday 10 May 2021

Work stopped play.

I've just had a huge weekend at work, working 5 shifts in three days. Phew, looking forward to a rest. While you were all settling in for your FNWF, I was off to work.
Before my work marathon started on Friday I was busy in my wee room again. Whilst hunting for the border fabric for my Jelly Roll Race, I came across these pretty leftovers from a Moda Frivol tin. Sew I quickly put them together to make this table runner.
I have quite a few runners now, all made from scraps and leftovers. It's a good way of preventing the scrap bin from filling quite so fast! LOL
As you see, it's not layered or quilted yet. I'll get to that one day.
*
Next up I pulled out a kit I purchased last year.
There are some very pretty fabrics in the kit.
I managed to press all of the browns and even made the first few cuts before I went in to work on Friday.
It's calling out to me today and I really want to go play with those lovely fabrics, but I must get on and make some more progress on my Christmas Ornaments, I have still not completed March!
So I think that will be my day today. Feet up, David Attenborough on the TV, ornament in hand. A nice way to recover from my marathon of work. 
I hope your weekend was more relaxing than mine. 

 

9 comments:

Cheryll said...

I LoVe the fabric in your kit...wow... it will be sensational.
Hope you enjoyed your rest...xox

Karen S said...

That kit looks very interesting. I can see why it is calling you, Have fun.

Janice said...

You make me tired just reading about your weekend of work. I hope you have a couple of days down time now. Your new quilt looks fun.

dq said...

There is not much better than a relaxing evening watching the tube with hand work.

Jenny said...

You certainly have had a busy time at work. I'm sure you enjoyed your stitching time once you were home again.

Chookyblue...... said...

Busy busy..... Nice runner.... And lovely fabrics in Marg's kit....

Fiona said...

You do sound very busy.... I like the look of your new kit... will be fun watchign it grow...
Hugz

Lin said...

Hope you are recovered now Lou and not about to embark on any more marathons! Your new project looks lovely. xx

Maria said...

You have been very busy so it’s nice to have such a gorgeous kit to work and I’m sure you’ll love putting it together...

I’m sorry I haven’t been visiting your blog but for some reason I’m not getting your updates....
Tried to follow you again but can’t see where ???