Tuesday 16 November 2021

Lucky Me.

 I'm sure that most of you know I make a habit of looking at least once a week in our local Salvation Army store. Seeking the elusive orange coffee mug, with white spots. Of course while I'm there I also check out the craft department.
I often come away with nothing but yesterday was a lucky day.
No orange mug, but I did find treasure of another kind. Lots and lots of fabric.
All tied up in little bundles.
Some pieces were fat quarters in their own lonely bundle.
Other bundles contained off cuts and fat eighth pieces.
There were some orphan blocks hiding amid the off cuts.
And one bundle consisted of two and a half orphan blocks.
There were more fat quarters.
And blues cut into strips all tucked away inside another orphan.
There was a big container filled with all manner of fabric bundles.
I rummaged all the way to the bottom and pulled out all the bundles that looked and felt like cotton.
Right at the bottom of the box, hiding between two bags of organza I found a large piece of green.
Some bundles were $1 or $2 and two of them cost me $3 each.
I scored a lot of pretty scraps three fat quarters and about 1.5 meters of green spotty fabric.
No particular plans for it all, I'll tidy it up, give it a press and add it to my stash.
It never hurts to have plenty of scraps on hand.
*
While I was out I received a message asking if I would like some craft magazines?
A friend of a neighbour was having a sort out and had some to give away.
I got home to find four bags on my doorstep. 
So after the inspector was finished with them I spent a happy afternoon flicking through them and deciding which ones I would keep and which to pay forward to another crafter.
*
On the whole, I think yesterday was a very lucky day.

12 comments:

Jenny said...

Didn't you do well!

Alison said...

That was a win win all round! I scored a sweet little Elna Lotus from an op shop recently. Very collectible, but mainly to use at sewing days. $30 and I was over the moon. My husband and our sewing machine tech swap labour, so I had the machine serviced for free, so to,speak.

kiwikid said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, bargain at the op shop and lovely magazines to browse.

ButterZ said...

Sounds like a great day. With lots of reading material too

Lin said...

Didn't you do well! Always good to have scraps on hand - even the most unlikliest can sometimes find a home. xx

Maria said...

You had a very successful day at the op shop and then a relaxing afternoon browsing through the magazines….

Denice Barker said...

Wow! What a score!!

Janice said...

You did score well, despite no elusive mug. I’m sure the scraps will get in or into something. I’ve been a but lucky gifs change too, having found some scraps at op shops.

Radka said...

Haven't you done well!

jude's page said...

Looks like a great haul, look forward to see what you create

Janet O. said...

A lucky day, indeed!

AnnieO said...

I love finding fabric at the thrift store! I also love donating fabric to the thrift store :)
Enjoy your reading and crafting time!