Thursday 4 November 2021

Shop, Shop, Shop.

I've been to three different shops in the last two days. And found some beautiful fabrics. On Tuesday we visited The Pin Tin in Geraldine which had none of the items on my list, but they did have a sale table where I found this charm pack of mostly Black and White.
With a little green.
And some blue.
I really don't know what I'll do with it at this point, but it spoke to me, so I had to buy it.
In the same store, but not on the sale table, I found two beautiful blue fat quarters.
Perfect additions to my Lucy Boston quilt.
We also visited a toy shop and bought Christmas gifts for Charmaine and Torstein.
It really wasn't much of a day for window shopping, so we had some lunch and came home.
On Wednesday, the weather wasn't really that much better, but we headed out anyway as I had made an appointment at one particular shop and I wasn't going to break it. 
But first a little place I was sure would help me out with Jenny's hexies.
I was right Wisteria Cottage was the perfect place and I was able to find some very pretty fabrics to add to compliment them.
This will be my next hexie project. (Edyta's Garden is nearly finished, but I'll save that for another day).
The third and final shop was the highlight of my day.
At The Quilting Shed I selected quilting thread and binding fabric for my Sea Swept quilt top.
Then went shopping for Autumnal Batiks.
A Blue grey for the background and a beautiful collection of lovely browns, golds and reds.
And I spied the very last pre cut bundle in similar colours.
I think all together they will make a very beautiful Wind Swept Leaves quilt.
I'm not sure when this will happen, after all, the fabrics for Sea Swept matured in their project box for just over a year!
I have other projects that have been maturing for much longer.
LOL
It will happen one day.
After a little shopping for Tony, for a new phone and accessories we headed home.
The weather has improved, so today we will do some garden work.
Then tomorrow we're heading away for the weekend.
I have one item left on my shopping list, maybe I'll find it while we are away. 

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Lots of shopping treasures! Have a great weekend away.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful fabrics. Have a lovely weekend Hugs, xx

Fiona said...

Fun shopping day... I love your new batik bundle...
Hugz

Karen S said...

Nothing better than visits to fabric shops. You seem to have quite a few in your area.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful shopping, the batiks you found are wonderful. Enjoy your weekend away.

Janice said...

You have had some very productive retail therapy. Lots of fun ahead. Enjoy your weekend away.

ButterZ said...

So many beautiful fabrics purchased. What a fruitful journey

Lin said...

Great shopping trips - I love your purchases. xx

Flickenstichlerin said...

Nice fabrics and the yarn and backing for your sea quilt.

Ondrea said...

Oh my goodness!!!!! So many beautiful fabrics. Love the binding fabric for your quilt. You must be doing the happy dance surrounded by so many new fabrics.